Mild Ground Around Vic. Suggestions Please?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Nuggy, I got your email but I'll reply here.

In regards to manual/ auto tune. I don't believe one is better than the other. I tend to auto tune but will sometimes manually change up or down 1 or 2 clicks as it can sometimes get you a quieter result.

I also don't pay much attention to any particular range in tuning, the exception being, if I've not needed to retune in a particular area over some days & some EMI starts to creep in that is a good time to try manually tuning up or down a click or 2.

I use mono coils 95% of the time. I have 4 mono's but a 15 inch nugget finder evo is what I use most. I have 2 DD's, 12 inch & 15 inch but I very rarely use them. The 15 inch DD is way to heavy to want to use for any longer than necessary. In my opinion a mono gives a better, easier to use search pattern.

If you're getting to much noise it probably means you have not yet got a good ground balance. Keep at it & it will come.

Some may disagree with the way I operate but that's ok, it's not rocket science.

I hope this helps. Time on the ground & it gets easier.

Good Luck.

I would say anywhere just South of Ballarat. Napoleons has Kitty,s Lead where the most concentration of gold nuggets in Victoria was found- look at the red nugget book. Also Durham Lead is very mild. You need a FWD and a chainsaw around Ballarat as the tracks are very narrow and steep with fallen trees and completely waterlogged in the gullies. Most of the land is cleared private but the creeks are Crown Land Waterways and are fenced off from the farms.

oldtimerROB said:
I would say anywhere just South of Ballarat. Napoleons has Kitty,s Lead where the most concentration of gold nuggets in Victoria was found- look at the red nugget book. Also Durham Lead is very mild. You need a FWD and a chainsaw around Ballarat as the tracks are very narrow and steep with fallen trees and completely waterlogged in the gullies. Most of the land is cleared private but the creeks are Crown Land Waterways and are fenced off from the farms.

pm sent :Y:

Latest posts