Looking to buy this Highbanker

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello all,
After having a bit of luck during the spring carnival, ive put enough money together to purchase a highbanker.
I am looking at this highbanker (link attached) and was hoping someone could check it out and let me know if im heading in the right direction.
It has sluice, hopper, hoses and petrol pump all included.
Im aware that buying overseas can have its risks, but they seem to be quite a reputable business.
Any info would assist me greatly!

http://www.goldfeverprospecting.com/gobupohiwijo.html

Looks Ok but you must factor in postage and US dollar to AUD dollar exchange rate.

Take a look at the Walbanker which sells at Detector Den Canberra???

There are details on this site.

I know it would be good to buy the complete setup ready to go but you could go Walbanker and Rato pump and hoses for a complete setup for same if not less $$$. All sponsors of this forum.

Cheers

Hi Boydwilliam,

That highbanker does look pretty good but why not try and buy an aussie made one. We can build them just as good and probably better here. As previously mentioned there is the Walbanker and its worth having a look at Goldrat highbankers too.....both great products.

Cheers

Plus 1 for a Goldrat, got my custom river sluice made by Dustin and he does a top job. If and when I get a HBanker I won't hesitate to get one made by him again. By all reports you can't go wrong with the Walbanker either and it's great to support local guys on the forum too.

Don't want to put it down - but unless you have something worked out with freight - you're going to get slammed! I imagine without researching it - possibly the freight will be around 2/3 of the cost of the unit. But that depends on the size/weight combination as packed for shipping.

Many of the freight companies will not ship engines with any oil in them, or even if in a container. Some will. Fore warned is fore armed.

Don't forget that GST is calculated when you kick over AUD$1000 - that is the cost of the unit and the freight combined.

You need to find a friend who ships in containers with a spare spot for you - so you can diffuse most of the shipping, port charges, customs broking etc etc.

LCL with commercial shippers - don't forget all the "forgotten" charges that include quarantine if needed, customs broking, port charges and handling etc.......you quickly understand why people will do 20" containers to offset the excessive costs we have in Australia.....

Research is the key - don't pull the trigger until you know exactly what you are up for.

Looks the part ,but you could probably source a unit locally and get the pump and hoses of eBay like many others for less when you take the exchange rate of the dollar at the moment and postage could be a costly acquisition check out the walbanker like the other guys said hope this helps

Thanks for the advice, i will take it all on board and look at the walbanker and others suggested.
Ideally i would like to buy locally, but this package just looked so easy with everything included.
I didnt even take into accound freight costs, so it may be out of my reach anyway.
Thanks again, ill google search some locally made products!

I bought a GS10 Highbanker from Sluicy Gold Equipment in Benalla on Friday.
$180!
Same unit (re-branded by retailer) sells for $380...
It's a great banker that catches the fines well.
Bigger is not always better.
This thing is light, compact, sturdy & does what it's supposed to do well.
1415091983_image.jpg

They have an eBay store & a Facebook page.
Nice people having a red hot go at supplying prospectors with well built, affordable equipment from their home based workshop.
I recommend them.
1415093107_image.jpg

That looks really good Ag Man!
Ive found it on ebay, but does it have a spraybar built in or is that something i will need to build myself?
What kind of waterpump is required to run this highbanker?

Current rates conversion = $917.00
Freight I would guess $350.00
Rough Sub Total $1267.00
Gst $126.70
Total $1393.70
Don't know about import duty but it may not apply.
All up cost to buy local in Australia would be well under a Grand. :p
WalBanker $550.00
Pump $200.00
Hoses and cam locks $150.00
Total $900.00
Even cheaper if you build one your self. I did.
Just go and buy a Walbanker, Hoses and Pump. :D
Or build one your self. Tried and proven and if you wish,
Very Easy to modify. :cool:
Above All, Get out there and enjoy your self. Priceless. :D

Ive actually already got a smallish petrol pump in the shed i bought about a year ago, so i can just use that.
Ive scrapped the idea of buying the overseas version, you blokes are awesome for pointing out the local versions for me.
Im going to buy local, ill start looking around at some of the suggested above posts!
Thanks

BoydWilliam said:
That looks really good Ag Man!
Ive found it on ebay, but does it have a spraybar built in or is that something i will need to build myself?
What kind of waterpump is required to run this highbanker?

Mine's got a watermanifold, not a spray bar. Could easily fit one tho.
I have a small 1" petrol pump that @ half throttle supplies more than enough water.
The bigger GS12 I think comes with spray bars but it's a fair bit longer so less practical to backpack into hard to get to places...

I'm going to look into a quieter 4T pump tho.
One of them Rato pumps seem the go. Plenty of water, quiet & only $175 :D

I was only having the pump discussion today. Outboards rato kept up to the walbanker no worries, I think you could do alot worse in terms of value for money.

Put my walbanker box together for well under $200 in materials - shouldn't go much over that even if you have to pay for folding and welding which I didn't. Pump hoses and fittings were the most expensive items, but reasonably sourced from local suppliers. eBay tip #1 - search for same sellers with an off-eBay website as well = instant savings as they don't pay eBay a cut from your sale...even better if you contact them and they are in your area for face-to-face pickup; no freight.

HI BoydWilliam

might be a bit late to chime in but that crashbox style of grixzzly hopper is much better suited to material that has not compacted or has clay, for example eldorado very clean material on the surface but in most situations in Australia you need a hopper that will hold materials and allow time for the water to break the clay apart. Speaking from experience ive built a few like that they looks great they move alot of material but in the end are really designed to be a dredge hopper and the trade off is significant in gold recovery.

THere's plenty of options around mate if you can keep the dollars in Australia all the better, if you have a tight budget i recommend looking around the forum soaking up what works and what does not and then try to make your own on the cheap to get out there and get a feel for it. then dig like a mad man and save your gold with the plan to upgrade at some point.
also ask if you can lend a shovle when someone else is going out you really need to see some of these highbankers in action to appreciate what will and will not work for you.

Good luck GD

G0lddigg@ said:
HI BoydWilliam

might be a bit late to chime in but that crashbox style of grixzzly hopper is much better suited to material that has not compacted or has clay, for example eldorado very clean material on the surface but in most situations in Australia you need a hopper that will hold materials and allow time for the water to break the clay apart. Speaking from experience ive built a few like that they looks great they move alot of material but in the end are really designed to be a dredge hopper and the trade off is significant in gold recovery.

THere's plenty of options around mate if you can keep the dollars in Australia all the better, if you have a tight budget i recommend looking around the forum soaking up what works and what does not and then try to make your own on the cheap to get out there and get a feel for it. then dig like a mad man and save your gold with the plan to upgrade at some point.
also ask if you can lend a shovle when someone else is going out you really need to see some of these highbankers in action to appreciate what will and will not work for you.

Good luck GD

bingo!

Latest posts