Buying from Temu

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After a quick look-through, nothing seems D.O.A. or damaged. Yeah, simple not amazing but good for what I need 😄👍

Attachments

• 16919857145895673445708904497528.jpg
    16919857145895673445708904497528.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 0
  • 1691985886409618825609059029448.jpg
    1691985886409618825609059029448.jpg
    5.7 MB · Views: 0
  • 16919859703511642332658602290681.jpg
    16919859703511642332658602290681.jpg
    6 MB · Views: 0
  • 169198609721882021888474995696.jpg
    169198609721882021888474995696.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 0
Do you mean you can't recognise a dodgy site?

Jaros, Since 11th July I've purchased seven seperate orders with 18 items totaling $608.46. One item was faulty, a very expensive $14.49 smart watch. They instantly refunded my account and I just disposed of the watch.

All orders have arrived in very good time, quicker than many things come from Perth. Nothing has been damaged and the quality has been good although the water pump seems very noisy but that could be my mounting. It pumps 3.5L p/m at 100psi. It's only supplying water to the sink in the camper. I pumped water to cutoff pressure and turned it off before I went prospecting and checked the pressure when I got home. It held full pressure for several hours so I'm happy.

My only gripe is their Cupon offer that expires before most people would be likely to cash them in.

Do you mean you can't recognise a dodgy site?
Explain why it's dodgy.
Many people are using it without too big of issues & it seems no more dodgy than Amazon, Catch, eBay or any other online shopping site.
Buying online is always a risk so each to their own.
If it was a known dodgy site we would have already removed it!

I'm fairly certain I can. I've ordered dozens of things from there and they have all arrived or had my money reimbursed very quickly if anything went wrong. Had more dramas with the more "legitimate" Ebay.
Same here mate-beats all the others(ali ebay and even Amazon )As long as your quality expectations are realistic

With those prices Australian manufacturing and even retail are totally fu%:/&d but thats not Temus fault specifically. Its a much bigger issue.

100% happy with Temu...
I simply cant afford to buy in Australia now and have saved well over 3k on car parts by simply shopping Overseas at other places for exactly same item.. We have lost the plot here...
A Mitsubishi dealer here wanted $54 for an oil seal plus 6 week wait... Same Mitsubishi seal from UAE was $4.95... Had the seal in my hand in 6 days... See what im saying... We have lost the plot big time...... ..

The ACCC is looking into lots Australian Companies that are just plainly ripping off the Public since everyone got sick...

A mechanic I know adds 200% on to the parts he supplies to the customer... Now thats a great rip for the customer... and no one notices.... lol

LW

Have bought things from ebay suppliers claiming to be Australian stockists only to find that they order from OS only after you pay them for the item and the shipping delay is sometimes much longer than quoted.
I source a lot of my cheaper Astrophotography gear direct from the Chinese on line site Aliexpress and happy with the quality and price (most of that AP stuff is made in China anyway) and although shipping delays can be from 4 to 6 weeks, they are very upfront about that.
When I see something advertised by Temu on my Facebook feed, I usually check the price and specs on eBay and Aliexpress so I can get a sense of the best price, delay and quality of what I would be getting.
I am still happy to order more expensive items from Aussie dealers as with higher price, warranty becomes more of an issue.
Walking the line between keeping local dealers and experts in business and getting the best outcome for myself.

I've never bought off Aliexpress. I've looked at Alibaba a few times and it's cheap but there's usually a minimum quantity to order.

Temu have changed their ways. I've received a few more orders but the promotional discounts have disappeared which I think is a good thing.

I've never bought off Aliexpress. I've looked at Alibaba a few times and it's cheap but there's usually a minimum quantity to order.

Temu have changed their ways. I've received a few more orders but the promotional discounts have disappeared which I think is a good thing.
I think they are part of the same group.
Aliexpress is the consumer retail arm for people wishing to make individual purchases.
Alibaba is for businesses wishing to purchase usually in large volumes wholesale from Chinese manufacturers.
I remember seeing an electric gold melting furnace on Alibaba and the manufacturer was happy to discuss things and allow me to purchase just a single unit with some extra accessories. Often they will offer single units for sale mainly as a promotional exercise hoping for follow up orders. They seem to be very responsive to enquiries.
PS the gold melting furnace was a bit of an overkill for me

I bought a set of bike LED indicators, they were a copy of a popular model and looked identical. Unfortunately, while they had managed to copy the shell, seem to have missed the fact that the nut needs something positive inside the shell to tighten against. Tighten the nut and it just keeps coming till the shaft pops out, whole indicator is left hanging from the wiring..

Iv'e used Aliexpress. The pitfalls there are the lack of detail and the sellers seem to say they have sent your goods seconds after you order.. so you can't change your mind.. yet they can miraculously change the order if you want to Add to it.. Dodgy! I'm deliberately looking for non-china (or at least non-copy) stuff these days.

Last edited:
Always pay with Paypal... No Issues... And if you do find a Dodgy seller, REPORT THEM... Then they get removed and don't get to rip someone else off... It takes 10 sec of your time to Report them and I have done it to heaps of dodgy sellers... As long as you have the Proof to back your claim...

LW...

Latest posts