Lamberts

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi All

I was just wondering what your recent experiences have been communicating with Lamberts?

I sent a my first package of about 100 stones to Lamberts last month to be cut. I sent the parcel registered post with tracking / signature on delivery. According to AusPost it was delivered 19 June. I sent Lamberts an email that day and asked them to confirm they have received my order. I got a response that said they would check. They never responded to confirm. I have sent them 3 further follow-up emails which have all gone unanswered. I have not received confirmation they have my order and no invoice.

I am going to call them in the next couple of days.

I have heard that orders are presently taking a couple of months to process. Is it normal for the company to not respond? How long are people waiting at the moment for Lamberts to sort their orders? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Hey mate, sorry I can't help you out but I too am interested. I have been holding off sending stones myself.
Hopefully a member with experience dealing with Lamberts can help. :)

My father has been sending stones to Lamberts for years. It was never quick but Australian customs or Australia Post (can't recall which one) have recently done something that makes the process even longer. They have always been returned eventually but it is starting to take a long, long time.

Personally, I wouldn't send really good ones overseas. Have them cut here.

Cheers

As Lefty said, they can take quite a long time. I've sent them emails before and had no response, I've had 2 quite large parcels done in the past, the communication is not good but you will most likely have no trouble getting your stones back, it can take 3-4 months turnaround time so I wouldn't be sweating on it just yet.

Another member was recently getting a bit edgy about their parcel too but I said to them that they need to be patient, the stones came back done eventually.

Don't send any big ones over there as Lefty also said.

Great, thanks guys. Appreciate the quick responses - feeling a lot less nervous now.

I got a reply today saying that my order is "still in cutting process".

I just assumed they would sort them first, invoice me, then start cutting.

Guessing it is normal to get an invoice at the end before they send them back?

Yeah, they are not the best when it comes to communication. I was in the same boat. I sent some stones over and sent three or four emails asking if they received them. No reply. Then around 3 months later got an email saying stones were cut and an invoice. So don't lose faith in them. They do get the job done.

Wait around 4 months and you will hopefully receive an email showing your cut stones. Lambert also doesn't reply my emails.

Latest posts