Lamb well thats just un Australian

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dad had a butcher do it. The lamb was so cheap they couldn’t give it away. I can’t remember if it was due to drought or a recession , I just can’t remember. Nothing worse than bone chip in ya tucker, Jack. Hope you are both well. Mackka

Inflation is secretly making everyone poorer. We are all competing with each other in a race to the bottom and thats the way some elites want it. Thats un Australian.
I'll be eating my lamb till I'm poor and toothless.
We'll be doing the yiros one weekend before Australia Day on account of surprising one of the daughters boyfriends for his birthday. He loves Greek food and lamb yiros and keeps going to all these expensive restaurants but my daughter is a bit dissapointed in the quality.

So we are going to feed him proper.

There will be chicken as well but only for the unaustralian people 😆

Attachments

• 20210926_143723.jpg
    20210926_143723.jpg
    745.5 KB · Views: 0
I'll be eating my lamb till I'm poor and toothless.
We'll be doing the yiros one weekend before Australia Day on account of surprising one of the daughters boyfriends for his birthday. He loves Greek food and lamb yiros and keeps going to all these expensive restaurants but my daughter is a bit dissapointed in the quality.

So we are going to feed him proper.

There will be chicken as well but only for the unaustralian people 😆
Can I have an invite please 🙏 🤗

Drove past your place at Clunes today, didn't have time to stop hopefully next time.

Give me a 2 toother of some mutton, need some paddock time to develop flavour. Then slowly spit roast for a good few hours, belly stuffed with onions, spuds and rosemary, mmm real flavour

The problem is finding some two tooth mutton. Nothing like a low and slow shoulder in the Weber or Kamado for 10 hours onwards till it turns into marshmallow.

Not wrong Pa. As an old fart, I can still remember when my Day bought a whole lamb for $1.00 and 50 cents to have it butchered and packed. 60s Mackka
Yep, In the early 80's I bought one for $5.00 on the hoof and the next time I saw it it was in plastic bags, Now Over here I pay about $45.00 for a smallish leg of Lamb,

It's been over a decade since I had a Steak, 😭😭😭😭😭

haven't been able to get a 2 tooth here for about 20 years and the mutton sales stopped before that 😭😭😭😭
2 tooth was the only sheep killed and eaten on the family farm best tasting meat by far
where do the 2 tooths go to now, there must be some somewhere
Our next door neighbour in the country runs quite a few sheep. He reckons a lot of the older sheep get shipped to the middle east. Who knows.
I dropped plenty of hints over the years about wanting some and finally got to the point of asking straight out offering to pay for some.
Nothing .nada
And they have the cheek to invite themselves over for Chrissy drinks and new years a couple of times. 😫

Our next door neighbour in the country runs quite a few sheep. He reckons a lot of the older sheep get shipped to the middle east. Who knows.
I dropped plenty of hints over the years about wanting some and finally got to the point of asking straight out offering to pay for some.
Nothing .nada
And they have the cheek to invite themselves over for Chrissy drinks and new years a couple of times. 😫
i would keep choccymints(laxettes) just for them Solid luck
love the gyros to mate ,i got the flaming coals spit deluxe a few years back no wonder a bloke is getting podgy :rolleyes:

RR, we buy Porterhouse each week at $19.00/350grms. It’s a lovely piece of meat but I did notice the prices are starting to go up again. Cheers Mackka
Strike me, that's more than nine quid for half a pound!!!

There's nothing like translating back into the old money and non-metric weights and measures, to give yourself a big wake-up about how much prices have risen over the decades since.

Even mincemeat is $7.92c for 500g

I refuse to play that game, Before Christmas I bought 2 pre cooked BBQ chickens that were close to their sell by date they cost me $13.03c and turned them in to 19 meals, I made sandwiches and a huge pan of home made chicken soup which was good to have during the Cold weather,

The ones I feel sorry for are the farmer, I bet they don't get paid the big bucks for their produce/Beasts. I am going to start buying meat from the farm shops this year, So my money goes to the right place.

I saw a Salmon fillet that measured about 150mm square and they wanted $15.75c for it, that was a shocker. :eek::(

Latest posts