Laancoorie Bash

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Randolph

randolph
Reaction score
Well we made it to the L.B. this year. A very big and happy crowd was there and fun was had by all. The weather gods were well behaved for the weekend. My brother and I got out for some swinging in the bush. My brother Dave hired a Whites TDI from the very helpful Dean at Dunolly and he found a nice little silver nugget and I found a 1 gm. gold nugget with my 5000. The bush was beautiful but the flies and mozzies were something else. Luckily Dave had thought to throw in the repelants. I tried a 12" Nugget Finder Evolution coil and was really impressed with its stability and sensitivity as against my old 17x11 Nugget Finder. Saying that, I did find it more difficult to pin point where the signal was. Thanks for the loan of the NFE Stoppsy, it was very generous of you. By the way the 1 gm. nug. was found with my old coil. Cheers Randolph

Randolph said:
Well we made it to the L.B. this year. A very big and happy crowd was there and fun was had by all. The weather gods were well behaved for the weekend. My brother and I got out for some swinging in the bush. My brother Dave hired a Whites TDI from the very helpful Dean at Dunolly and he found a nice little silver nugget and I found a 1 gm. gold nugget with my 5000. The bush was beautiful but the flies and mozzies were something else. Luckily Dave had thought to throw in the repelants. I tried a 12" Nugget Finder Evolution coil and was really impressed with its stability and sensitivity as against my old 17x11 Nugget Finder. Saying that, I did find it more difficult to pin point where the signal was. Thanks for the loan of the NFE Stoppsy, it was very generous of you. By the way the 1 gm. nug. was found with my old coil. Cheers Randolph
is your brother staying in marybourgh, if so I think I might of just met him. Can't remember his name but found a silver nugget

Was too hard for lead and not gold coated in mercury. Bit dark too have proper look but no idea really.

We showed the nugget to Stopsy and Dean from the Dunolly prospecting store who both seemed to have a good knowledge of the local areas and they both seemed to think it was silver. It has a very natural shape to it similarly to some of the gold I have found in W.A. We gave it a scrape and it did not react like lead. I think we will need to take it to a jeweler or someone who knows a bit more than we do. Cheers Randolph

Latest posts