keen to go

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi folks, have joined up after being a lurker here for a while now. I live not far from Gympie and was formerly in the Imbil region. I would like to have a try at detecting alluvial stuff, not in to rock climbing and wandering around old river beds.I am in the process of constructing a puffer (dryblower) are they illegal all over Qld?? or just in the Clermont district. :D
thats it for now, ray..

Hi buggalugs, welcome to PA. Can't help you with QLD laws sorry, as I'm only familiar with Vic.

Hi Buggalugs, I used to live in Imbil in the 70s and was guided by my neighbour (Weiland) as a boy on some of the creeks between Imbil and Brooloo. We panned mostly and found gold most times, but mostly specs and few small rice size nuggets. There were a few old mines in the hills on that area, but now all forestry. Went looking but couldn't find any remnants. I went out there recently with my detector, but only picked up ironstone. Got some colour when panning, but lost it hitting March flies! Cheers Always Looking.

Latest posts