In another life

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Way back in the 1980's I worked in the "Black Snake" mine in the hills south of Kilkivan. That was hard rock, formerly underground but opened up for open cut. We processed a lot of rich alluvial from Ban Ban springs and later put through an awful lot of flue and ash from the old Mt Morgan mine. This last lot went through leach ponds. That was about when I left and went back to the west where I was at "Tower Hill" then Leinster-Mt Kieth (nickel) I was in on the opening of "Bannockburn" (gold)
For many years I owned a property out of Imbil in the Mary valley, up the back of my place was an old shaft driven and worked during WW2 but not a good producer according to the old timers, this was at the head of "Little Bella Creek" it runs into Bella creek which in turn drains into Yabba creek. When the Boorumba dam spillway was raised about twenty years ago all that excavation material went through the battery at Gympie. There must still be plenty of gold in the Mary valley.
regards ray :cool:

There may well be buggalugs, but I would say it's in the creeks, certainly not in the tailings dump which I believe (please correct me) makes up the Gympie Fossicking area. Done a stint up there, lots or hard yakka for sweet BA :(

Underground telegraph indicates you need to be in the creeks on private property. ;)

Thought I'd better check off all the old intrductions.... otherwise they could get to be years old (happened once before lol) :eek:

Latest posts