Kalgoorlie intro metal detecting

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey just posting to see if anyone in Kalgoorlie will be out detecting this weekend or next week, I'm new to this and have only panned in the past. I will be renting gear and looking for a good introduction to it if anyone knows what there doing and would like to share!
Alan

Good hunting mate! I'm nowhere near you so I can help unfortunately. I hope you find plenty.

G'day Luckybob and welcome, I'm not able to help regarding Kalgoorlie in Vic. If there's a local prospecting /fossicking club in your location could be worth a try. Local like minded people who know the regulations and locations to enjoy your time in the field.

All the best

Go to the Prospecting Shop in town, they may have a notice board with people looking for prospecting partners?

They may also be able to offer some field work as well, but that would cost one would think.

Ok great, thanks for the tips guys. If I were to rent gear what do you think would be most likely to find something? If anyone knows a good patch to start looking that would e great. I do understand people like to keep it to themselves! :)

Luckybob said:
If anyone knows a good patch to start looking that would e great.

1478938237_capture.jpg

Sorry couldn't resist!

Go an SDC 2300 as your first option provided the gold is shallow other than that a GPX5000 or GPZ7000. If you don't find gold with either of these your either in the wrong place or not using the machine properly.

If your a greenhorn at prospecting try a tuition first, most tour guides will have machines for you to try on the day. Other than that join a club.

Latest posts