Just broke my Pro Pointer

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi anyone know who fix Garrett Pro pointers, just broke mine trying to fix it, lol. It was falsing and looked on line how to fix it, should have left to for the experts. I broke the switch putting it back together. If anyone else's is contemplating fixing theirs unless you know what you are doing best leave it alone. I'm not sure who fixes these things. :|
Cheers.

I hate to say it but U-Tube and many that I have seen as to Repairing the Garrett - Leave a lot out and ALSO make lots of assumptions as to the actual fault.

A: Some can be repaired and a good few just go into the bin.

B: Extracting and Re Fitting the PCB can be tricky - Switch and the wiring

C: Some may work for a long time, post a repair and others can fail at a moments notice... Nature of the product as it was never meant to be serviced.

### I have tried to step away from repairing these units as some people do not realise a FIX is not always possible AND the time involved to do it correctly and to test - can never be costed and charged.... And some users do get a bit upset when a fix is not possible OR it does not last long.

It is more of a LOVE job...

So under the right conditions - YOU HAVE NOT tried and stuffed it even more and how I am feeling re available time etc...

You could be lucky; if you ask me politely and understand that I can not give a tight time frame or say if the unit will work again.

SaltyTom

Your unit is ready to post... Should be able to drop into the PO on the way to the Hospital. Could post now, but then no tracking, as unless lodged at the PO; Tracking is not active.

Been having problems with doing some work and along with every thing else - Looks like i have been getting around with a broken wrist LOL... No wonder I was loosing fine control and not able to hold things correctly.

Latest posts