Howdy

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello. From se Qld. Only experience so far is last weekend out past Warwick. Help clean things up... removing nails, wire 303(?) & 22 shells and some nuggets - all lead(Pb) unfortunately. Least the detector works and my back is still holding up after 3 hours of digging. Now more determined to find better stuff (as Leunig calls; what makes the world go 'round).

Trying to plan a few weeks in Vic. Am having difficulty collating a list of all allowable locations (without getting title holder permissions). Posted about this on the Camping Forum but guess it was going off on a tangent, so have asked more specifically on the Prospecting Rules & Regulations Forum. Any advice greatly appreciated.

Have been watching paper gold for years, and started hearing about successes in prospecting just a year or two back. With having camped a bit decades(grrr) ago figure this has got to be healthier than just 'watching paper' for too long! Time to do a bit more.

Thanks and have found this Forum very useful in the last few weeks and appreciate the loads of advice people offer.

Hi Jon Good effort for cleanup, hope you capture some of the elusive yellow soon.
Welcome & which detector do you have?

Hi slowflow

Thanks. Yes been patient with the 'paper yellow' for years. But the ambition for digging ones own real mccoy has been making more sense esp with the upgrade in health benefits, lifestyle etc.

GPX5000.

Long story - With a 'test' trip mid this year had thought of getting a gpx5000 and with its resale value writing off the diff to the trip. But recognizing it wasn't to be the only trip had changed plans to getting a SD2200v2 or there abouts. Then on gumtree a good, well priced 5000 came up. The ad only lasted a couple of hours & volia. Minlelab vouched non-counterfeit, single prtevious owner etc - now also have the remaining warranty.

Incidentally had looked to a new SD2200v2 which my link shows as still available, albeit in U.S. at BigValleyMetalDetectors. If the A$ was were it was back in 2001 could all be a different story, but shorter one - sorry.

Good to have you on board, getting out into the bush is rewarding regardless of how much gold you find. Its healthy for the mind and body so get out there and lets hope you start posting big nugget stories and your wild adventures!

Welcome jon_m, I'm also in SE QLD and it's great seeing more people from our neck of the woods joining and showing an interest, I wish you all the success in finding some nice nuggets, it seems you have done your research but if there's anything your unsure of just ask on here and the friendly member will be glad to help,
Cheers,
Sam

Latest posts