How Research helps

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danmuss

Danny
Reaction score
So I've been coin hunting and relic hunting for a few months now, searching random parks etc, BUT just over the last 6 weeks I've been sitting in my spare time and doing research on these parks before we search them, Find out what could of been there before, learn the history behind them..
And BOOM it defenetly pays off, one park alone got me a 9kt gold ring, 1866 Half penny, 1921 Three Pence, 1921 half penny, 1908 penny, a bullet shell , all these finds were our very first finds of these items, Never found anything like them b4 , so me and partner now do the research before we hit an area :)

In the picture was an example in the late 1800's ppl sat on this hill to watch games, so we thought where there were people sitting around and walking around there must be coins , and yes this was correct and it gave us our treasures lol

1396780069_image.jpg

Danmuss said:
So I've been coin hunting and relic hunting for a few months now, searching random parks etc, BUT just over the last 6 weeks I've been sitting in my spare time and doing research on these parks before we search them, Find out what could of been there before, learn the history behind them..
And BOOM it defenetly pays off, one park alone got me a 9kt gold ring, 1866 Half penny, 1921 Three Pence, 1921 half penny, 1908 penny, a bullet shell , all these finds were our very first finds of these items, Never found anything like them b4 , so me and partner now do the research before we hit an area :)

In the picture was an example in the late 1800's ppl sat on this hill to watch games, so we thought where there were people sitting around and walking around there must be coins , and yes this was correct and it gave us our treasures lol

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/2527/1396780069_image.jpg

Hi Danmuss
You are absolutely correct about research. A lot of posts have mentioned research before you look. You are on a winner there ;)
Cheers Monty

Another thing about playing fields, they often charged entry on fields that don't even have fences nowadays. Find the entry points and find the coins ;)

DrDuck said:
Pretty sure I have played cricket there...but not back then, in the 80's.

Can you guess the first letter to that park lol ?

I cant say the name cause its a hot spot and we still have more to search lol

Yep research usually will give results, also anywhere on a slope and a nice view is worth checking. Found some good coin spills in spots like that.

Heatho said:
Yep research usually will give results, also anywhere on a slope and a nice view is worth checking. Found some good coin spills in spots like that.

Yeh true point mate, any hill facing a play field or park is worth checking, back in the 1800's or early 1900's the heat was Defo a bit more extreme regularly, so ppl tend to sit around under trees for shelter, I've found many a coin beside a tree, bit of a mission tho trying to dig it out under roots lol

Latest posts