Hi, All

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Newby from Newy,
Having bought myself a Garrett Ace 300i to start relic hunting, internet research has brought me to this group, from what I've seen so far you all seem friendly and willing to help beginners like myself. Firstly, I'm interested in Australian history and the lives of the people before us. And as much as gold has the usual and obvious interest, I have as much interest in the people that were lured to the fields in search of it. This interest was spiked by simply finding a 1942 penny under a skirting board during some recent reno's, and reading "A Fortunate Life" and "The Eureka Stockade", also a recent trip to Sofala and Hill End. Research is always mentioned as a priority, but where to start, I've taken a brief look at Trove but it seems you need to be quite specific with the search, other sites I've had a general look at are "Living Histories" and the like.
I definitely need to get out more and get to know the Garrett although the ground being so wet isn't helping, it seems to beep at nothing. I seem to be waffling, I know. Anyway, I'm here and I'm interested.

Welcome to PA, Russ.

The wet conditions on the East Coast seem likely to restrict many outdoor activities for a while yet, but there's plenty of potential for research right here on the forum. The Search function is your friend, with lots of potential localities mentioned in prior posts, that can help you to choose some potential destinations. Don't be afraid to ask questions - we were all newbies once and there's a good community on PA, ready to help and advise.

Good luck in your hunting, when you get out in the field.

Latest posts