How DEEP is yours?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Woodstock cans are usually 440ml

Heatho...you're disqualified! :N:

:D

Mate of mine walked over a "drink can" mulltiple times. Over two days, he kept saying to himself that he would dig it and remove it so it stopped blanking his machine.....so he dug it , nearly 90 oz nugget!

Keep trying, That's not enough. :lol: :lol: :lol: :Y:

The maximum distance at the lowest possible setting I get on the can is 62cm, It won't go any lower, but when I crank it "Oh Lordy" it gets Mahoosive depth/distances, :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hey this has a major Down side to It, If I win that means I get suckered in to digging Crap deeper than anyone else :mad: :mad: :mad:

Bugga. :( :(

Deeper Crap deeper than anyone else. Sums it up.

Now Cmon Rob don't leave me untrolled forever, the suspense of the revelation of the impact or whatever nugget of truth about air testing drink cans is killing me. As bad as bloody Wolf before he guested off into the shadows :eek: .

OldGT said:
Deeper Crap deeper than anyone else. Sums it up.

I have never dug them that deep, mostly they are either just under the surface down to about 8 to 10 inches deep,

Hi guys,thanks for your creditable results and interesting stories.Looks like I may be getting the wooden spoon prize but Heatho and OldGT did not specify their operating frequency. I can probably go deeper at 14 or 5 KHz. Also Heatho was in a park,had a bigger can? and did not specify if it was a strong signal.Old GT you had a last discerning signal but not strong signal? I had a loud signal. I dont know if the Impact will go to 36 inches but I will try in 5 Khz,higher gain, and last discernible signal and let you know. It would also be interesting to compare our detector,s prices.I am heading to Inkerman now and if I see a can will do a further test and let you all know and then give out placings.

oldtimerROB said:
Hi guys,thanks for your creditable results and interesting stories.Looks like I may be getting the wooden spoon prize but Heatho and OldGT did not specify their operating frequency. I can probably go deeper at 14 or 5 KHz. Also Heatho was in a park,had a bigger can? and did not specify if it was a strong signal.Old GT you had a last discerning signal but not strong signal? I had a loud signal. I dont know if the Impact will go to 36 inches but I will try in 5 Khz,higher gain, and last discernible signal and let you know. It would also be interesting to compare our detector,s prices.I am heading to Inkerman now and if I see a can will do a further test and let you all know and then give out placings.

It should go a lot further than 36"/91,4cm's on the 14khz setting and the 5khz should be awesome,

J.

13khz. Haha you will add gain, switch frequency and then based on results hand out results?

I'd prefer to just play the how deep can you detect a $1 coin in ground undug side by side because ,you know, that might actually be beneficial information for all our brains, but whatever gets you going mate. To be honest I was wondering where this was all going....I'm not sure anyone else is any the wiser and we are to pages deep into this thread already.....

I won't die wondering what might have been when I go out this afternoon for a swing whatever happens next. Might get lucky and dig a $2 coin or two.If it's range and it beeps it's coming home with me.

OldGT said:
13khz. Haha you will add gain, switch frequency and then based on results hand out results?

I'd prefer to just play the how deep can you detect a $1 coin in ground undug side by side because ,you know, that might actually be beneficial information for all our brains, but whatever gets you going mate. To be honest I was wondering where this was all going....I'm not sure anyone else is any the wiser and we are to pages deep into this thread already.....

I won't die wondering what might have been when I go out this afternoon for a swing whatever happens next. Might get lucky and dig a $2 coin or two.If it's range and it beeps it's coming home with me.

What are you taking it so seriously for it was meant to be just a bit of fun,

Ridge Runner said:
OldGT said:

What are you taking it so seriously for it was meant to be just a bit of fun,

Probably right mate I swing from as serious as a heart attack to zero serious, nothing in between. Anyway I just cashed $541.30 which would be approximately 72x541 cans = 39000 cans give or take, a serious amount of cans any way. :eek: 35,000 cans might get you across the line.

If your into cans Rob come to my beach ;) ...There at the 4 foot deep mark and I don't want em so there all yours :D :Y:
Just whispers at that deep with the ATGold but go diggin and you better pack the big shovel :lol:

oldtimerROB said:

CTX is FBS, full band spectrum so it's actually 27 frequencies simultaneously between 1.5khz and 100khz, at the roughly 1 metre mark it was still a signal that would pull me up. I've done the same test before with standard sized 375ml cans also, I really don't think there was a huge difference between the different sized cans. Was with the standard 11" coil as well.

Those Aluminum meat pie trays will have you digging even deeper, they only have 330 mil coke cans here or 440 beer cans,

Those normal meat pie trays can be picked up over 6"/150mm further than what coke cans are even though they squash down flat to the same size and they are a lot thinner too,

J.

OldGT. I posted my comments about what I thought about the results last Monday as inconclusive. I had hoped to do some more testing on old beer cans at Inkerman last Tuesday but there was none there where I went.

I can,t see the Impact going all the way to 36 inches on a weaker signal but it might surprise at 5 Khz..I might have to concede the CTX may go deeper but it may cost more than AUD 1280 for the Impact.
After 40 hours using it in the GT I have to say its very stable in very high mineralisation in the all metal mode which has a two tone discrimination option to identify hot rocks/iron giving great tonal resolution and separation.
In that time I have only found only two or three old rusty bent nails,a brass button,some lead/brass, and more tiny bits of silver foil making the GT a fairly clean area full of hot rocks.
While the all metal mode or GEN is also very sensitive to small gold in 20 Khz. It does not go deep enough for gold prospecting, so lately I have decided to only use the DEEP mode for my general search mode as it is also surprisingly stable and determined in very high mineralisation and gives off a little bit of chatter of no consequence. It does however provide many more stable VID numbers than the GEN mode and a reading of 51/52 signifies gold. I had to find the optimal tone break setting by placing a rusty nail beside a gold nugget.Too low a setting will mask gold as well as iron.Too high and it will not mask iron and hot rocks.

oldtimerROB said:
I can,t see the Impact going all the way to 36 inches on a weaker signal but it might surprise at 5 Khz..I might have to concede the CTX may go deeper but it may cost more than AUD 1280 for the Impact.
After 40 hours using it in the GT I have to say its very stable in very high mineralisation in the all metal mode which has a two tone discrimination option to identify hot rocks/iron giving great tonal resolution and separation.
In that time I have only found only two or three old rusty bent nails,a brass button,some lead/brass, and more tiny bits of silver foil making the GT a fairly clean area full of hot rocks.
While the all metal mode or GEN is also very sensitive to small gold in 20 Khz. It does not go deep enough for gold prospecting, so lately I have decided to only use the DEEP mode for my general search mode as it is also surprisingly stable and determined in very high mineralisation and gives off a little bit of chatter of no consequence. It does however provide many more stable VID numbers than the GEN mode and a reading of 51/52 signifies gold. I had to find the optimal tone break setting by placing a rusty nail beside a gold nugget.Too low a setting will mask gold as well as iron.Too high and it will not mask iron and hot rocks.

Rob, stop being a tight ass and put batteries in the bloody thing, I keep telling ya it's not Solar Powered :lol: :lol: :lol:

John.

oldtimerROB said:

Seriously though Rob, It should go way past 36" air testing a squashed coke can.

John.

Latest posts