How can I get over fear camping alone?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will be in the same boat when I end up heading off on my trip...

Will take my little stuffed doggy with me :lol: :lol:

I have a TV in the caravan and it had a DVD driver in so through I would put on music CD at nighttime and other DVDs,

Plus take my hearing aids out ...couple of drinks and I will not hear a bloody thing,

Have a ports toilet for number one's,

So I am hoping I will be OK,

I slept on the ground all the way around Australia a couple of Years a go...

Only problems I had was with ant's, mozzies, and big bloody water rat's,

And stinky rubbish bin's....

The old saying is if you don't try it you will never know if you like it or not...

Goody :)

I'm with Bjay on this one :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: but not beer, I believe i have the best avatar on PA hands down.
Nothing will spook ya and i know of a few dodgy places in the wombat that would scare the :poop: out of Bear Grylls, Arnie as well.

SC75 said:
I'm with Bjay on this one :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: but not beer, I believe i have the best avatar on PA hands down.
Nothing will spook ya and i know of a few dodgy places in the wombat that would scare the :poop: out of Bear Grylls, Arnie as well.
Although I dont do that American whisky stuff, if I had to that aint to bad. Im more of a scotch fan. I do like the odd glenmorangie.
The thing for me if out solo camping a few drinks takes the edge off my overactive mind.

Bjay said:
SC75 said:
Although I dont do that American whisky stuff, if I had to that aint to bad. Im more of a scotch fan. I do like the odd glenmorangie.
The thing for me if out solo camping a few drinks takes the edge off my overactive mind.

BOOO

Sorry but he or she as already stated finding two nuggets then this topic can be closed, theres a lot of members that can find there first

Over it :N:

A few years ago I pulled up late at night onto a surfaced area in the bush near Rushworth jumped in the back of the ute in a sleeping bag and tried to get some sleep .Listening to the wind in the trees my mind was wondering and thought I was hearing voices and laughter , thought bugger I've pulled up near someones camp I'll move in the morning , woke up at sparrows jumped up for a wiz looked around couldnt see any other camps , cool then noticed I'd parked next to an old grave yard .Pine poles marked the boundary and Quartz and rocks roughly marked the graves, a sign said first graveyard 1851 I think . I'm not superstitious really and thought this was cool. So I'm scratching around with the sdc and couldn't find anything only bird shot , after 30 or more I was ready to give up and i don't know why but I said out loud " ok guys I'm sorry for disturbing you all last night but if you could just help me out and find a few little pieces of gold I'll be on my way and leave you in peace" next three targets were gold ! With the hairs on my neck standing up I got the flock out of there. Now I always talk to them and thank the gold gods when I'm out prospecting don't know if it helps but it sure doesn't hurt .
Cheers Booney.

Aldi had night vision goggles for $135, or maybe it's best not knowing what's lurking nearby at night :argh:

Gpx5000 said:
Aldi had night vision goggles for $135, or maybe it's best not knowing what's lurking nearby at night :argh:
From what I hear you may be more blind with them than without them :playful: some one suggested a gun. The thought had crossed my mind but the risk of shooting yourself in the dark is probably greater than any other threat. Especially if you are an active sleeper. I think just better to find a buddy to go camping with until you build up confidence.

Camping back in Africa , there were a number of things that would eat you if they could .... lion, leopard, hyena , python , and a number of things that could kill you just by walking over your tent .... elephant , rhino , hippo , but all those things were predictable , and precautions could be taken . Biggest fear was the human , unpredictable , greedy and malicious . Its pretty sad ! I must admit that even here in Oz , when I camp alone , my biggest fear is the fellow human !

I once married a girl from Karachi, Pakistan. She was used to sleeping with 11,000,000 people nearby and I'd spent a good few years camping throughout Australia either with a couple of friends when young, or later with family and recent years alone.

I saw her fear of being attacked in the outback as a bit of joke. When she voiced her fears I said to her "What percentage of the people out there are likely to be nasty?" I don't remember her response but like me she thought it to be quite small. Then I said "Well working on percentages I reckon amongst 11,000,000 there's probably a few baddies that you'd rub shoulders with from time to time but considering the few we could possibly see out here your chances of coming across a nasty one are quite slim." She took a few minutes to consider that and from that day on she just enjoyed the solitude of the Australian bush :)

Smoky bandit said:
Yep a good aluminium baseball bat kept in the car with a ball so the Po Po can't class it as a weapon is good for piece of mind....But you need to be confident with it ....It won't help this Guy.https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/7289/1557354471_screenshot_20190509-082547_google-768x1178.jpg
That guy would struggle to lift it :lol:

Latest posts