Hi from ... Russia!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I'm joining this forum even if I live quite far away because I've got relatives living in Australia and have been visiting them a couple of times already. Recently, they've invited me to go to the outback next time I come, in December or January, and to go prospecting if it's possible.

So, I've decided to register an account here to learn more about the practice, to find out whether it's legal for me, as a foreign citizen, to do so, and if it is, then I'm going to prepare for the big moment.

Apart from that, I'm Kirill, aged 29, and work as an interpreter.

Have a nice day!

Zdrastvooyte Kirill.

As I was reading your post I was going to say your English is excellent, and then I got to the end and it explains why :lol:

I have been trying to learn Russian for about a year. I'm not doing very good yet. All I can say is the basic learners sentences and tell Tolstoy's story of the Tri Medvedya (The Three Bears) ;)
That's about it :)

Welcome to the Forum :Y:

Hi Dragon Man,

Thanks for your welcome, and don't worry : I took a couple years to get something resembling a decent grasp of English, I spent most of my high school years understanding barely enough to play pirated video games! It does make its way through at some point, but learning needs time. And if you're able to tell a story, even if learnt by heart, it will help, it's like learning songs or poems, it will help you get used to pronunciation and will make you familiar with grammar rules you'll learn avout later on.

Folgore_202 said:
Hi Dragon Man,
Menya Zavoot Ken :)

Folgore_202 said:
. . . . It does make its way through at some point, but learning needs time. And if you're able to tell a story, even if learnt by heart, it will help, it's like learning songs or poems, it will help you get used to pronunciation and will make you familiar with grammar rules you'll learn avout later on.

That's why I learnt The Three Bears. That made a huge difference in my learning. :Y:
Being able to repeat single words doesn't help.

Anyway, enough of that :lol: enjoy your time here in the Forum and I hope you make it to Australia one day.

Hi Kirill - welcome. I have spent a little time looking at gold in northern Siberia () and am not sure why, with all that gold, you would need to explore here. But perhaps it is easier to get here :) Have you ever heard of my late friend, Natasha Patyk-Kara, who was a geologist involved in studies of Russian placer gold deposits? I get quite a few visitors here from Yakutsk, Irkutsk and Magadan.

Welcome Kirill. Where are your relatives in Australia and where in the country are you looking to prospect. There is sure to be a member or more in your target area that we could hook you up with. I am in North Eastern Victoria. Lots of creeks and rivers in the mountains full of gold.

Araluen

Latest posts