Hello from Sydney

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all,

I come from Sydney and did gold pan 3 times (first time failed - Tuena near the camp site) and 2 times including yesterday at shoalhaven got some fine gold. Now Im trying to get my friends get this bug bite :p Just took one of my friends to Shoalhaven yesterday. She pick up the skills fast - consider we were there for approx 5 hrs only and it was her first time. Also tried my sluice box but not really manage to get it work properly (was in rush back to sydney). Not bad overall. Next time I will bring my slipper / boot so that I can walk into the water to setup the sluice box.

Anyone planning go to panning during Queen's birthday long wkend?

Welcome to the forum malau, good to see that you eventually got some colour. A pair of gum boots would certainly be a wise investment if you want to chase gold during the winter months. Hope you find plenty of info on the forum to better your skills and and I'm sure gold will flow more freely with the experience you gain. Best of luck out there.

Cheers Wal. :)

Hey there guys this site is a great set up, Im new to the gold detecting went halves with the oldman in one and got the bug already :D :D Where out at Snakevalley area been out a few times plenty of old nails an scrap metal. are there any hints or tips you guys could give me like what to look for ie gullys hilly areas etc? weve just been going around the old mineshafts around the edge of em alot of quartzs and white clay in spots any hints or tips would be grately appreciated!! :lol: :lol:

Hey VALLEYBOY, welcome to the forum. This is a great place to be and I hope you enjoy your new hobby with your old man.

One of our more experienced members (WalnLiz) posted some great information on this topic yesterday.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=11856#p11856

There's heaps more information on the forum as well. Feel free to have a look around the forum and I'm sure you'll find what you need.

AU

Welcome to the forum VB, great to see you teaming up with the old man on a detector. Nails, tin, and pull tabs are unfortunately the downside of the detecting apprenticeship and let me tell you, the downside doesn't get any better after the apprenticeship either. Hope you get some useful tips and info out of the forum and may those nails eventually turn golden.

Cheers Wal. :)

Latest posts