Another Intro

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi,
Another new but old one.
I have lived near a creek with gold in it for over 30 years and now, getting close to retirement finally decided a bit of panning would be interesting. First tried 30 years ago with a rusty steel pan, found a spec, put it in a match box and that went through the wash. Seemed like a lot of hard work so that was that.
I did think about building a sluice but, assumed that would be illegal and put that on the "gunna" list. If the interwebs had been readily accessible back then .....

Have now tried panning with a new plastic pan and after probably throwing quite a bit of gold away, realise there is actually this really fine stuff in almost every pan, not just the odd picker.
So moving items from the "gunna" to my "to do" list; sniping in deeper holes using scuba, build a sluice entirely from scrap and repurposed items, learn how to sucessfully separate the tiny bits and flour gold from all the black sand, not getting divorced from spending too much on a decent PI detector.
Lots of great info on the site which I hope to eventually contribute to. Also looks like a site were flamming and trolling is very rare and not tolerated. That is something to hold on to!

Latest posts