Hello all

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kai

Reaction score
Hi all, new member here, thought about metal detectors a little, but recently went on holiday and caught up with an old mate who has been getting into coin relic hunting, I was impressed with his finds even tho he said he just had a real cheapo detector.
The thought of where he wanted to go next to hunt with a better detector made me a little jealous because we both know this spot that will be loaded with stuff dating back early 1800's.
Anyway I'm back home, my holiday's over and I've picked up a minelab x terra 705 gold pack for my first machine.
The wife and I looked over our back yard and a park close by, only found 3x 5cent pieces so far and a few bits of junk, however already learning the machine real fast picking between trash.
What a fun hobby, cheers all.

Kai

Welcome Kia.

It is a great, fun hobby. You've got a great detector to get you addicted. :D Plenty of info about the 705 on the forum to help you learn.
Good luck and we look forward to seeing your finds.

Cheers
Ramjet

Hi guys I'm new on here I'm trying to find some new places to prospect around Blackwood erea ? Cheers mick

Went out for a look with the family today at a local park with the 705, couple $1 and some 5c and a 10c, key, bolts, hose fitting, wire, nails and lots of pull tabs and bottle caps, some lead, primo afternoon, cant wait to do it again

Latest posts