Hard ground. Golden T.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Randolph

randolph
Reaction score
O.K. Guys I am new to prospecting in the G.T. A very quiet sweet signal hard to hear. Scrape 1 inch away, A definite quiet signal, 4 ins down a def strong sig. 12 ins down, getting worried . Open the hole so I can swing lower. 18 ins signal screaming. I Can't wait till show and tell tonight, Whoopee!. 24ins, ITS out of the hole. A Bloody Shotgun cartridge base. I am going back to WA if it is more than 2 inch it is gold . This Golden Triangle is definitely a great place to learn your skills. First lesson is if it beeps dig it up. I was still happy with my shotty cart because I found it where previous operators had missed that signal. Cheers Randy

Even with coin hunting there are times when that 15 minute very careful retrieval of a bottle top leaves you hoping no one was watching from behind(not a scratch on them either).

All i can say is the 24" DD coil has been nothing more than a torture device so far. So yep been there and done that. Saving money on a gym membership :)

Randolph said:
O.K. Guys I am new to prospecting in the G.T. A very quiet sweet signal hard to hear. Scrape 1 inch away, A definite quiet signal, 4 ins down a def strong sig. 12 ins down, getting worried . Open the hole so I can swing lower. 18 ins signal screaming. I Can't wait till show and tell tonight, Whoopee!. 24ins, ITS out of the hole. A Bloody Shotgun cartridge base. I am going back to WA if it is more than 2 inch it is gold . This Golden Triangle is definitely a great place to learn your skills. First lesson is if it beeps dig it up. I was still happy with my shotty cart because I found it where previous operators had missed that signal. Cheers Randy

Hopefully you didn't put it back in the hole and fill it up so some other poor bugger would go through the same torture. ;)

Latest posts