Had the ford all to myself today

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will be there, just keep an eye out for the silver Navara that I drove into the Abercrombie river and did not get wet.

1391172935_optimized-navara_21.jpg

Peter. :cool:

A change in plan for me, looks like the weather is going to be a bit kinder so I will go over to the ford lateish this afternoon , set up and stay overnight so look for a white suzi with a tent pack on top - I will be close by .

cheers
Barry

Greglz86 said:
I think that because your always bound to find something is why alot go there. You might not get much but its good fun just getting that little bit.
Im now just reminiscing about when I got my first gold there about 6 months ago. (First gold since I was 8 anyway)
I think I got about 10 flakes of flour gold for the entire day and I was so excited I talked about it for a week ha ha :lol:
Sounds similar to my story. I was probably 12 to 14 yo my first time actually finding a few specks. Then almost nothing until 3 years ago when I finally resolved to follow my interest and take up fossicking as a hobby. Oallen was my second successful location, plus I absolutely love camping there :)

BTW, thanks for spelling 'Morgan' correctly :). Soon as I saw that I realized I had it wrong before :p

(Will have to try your suggested drop sometime too)

Great to catch up with you guys today - Peter , Greg and Steve, Hope you guys did better than me - heaps of black sand but very little gold - oh well I can cross that spot offa my list
Cheers
Barry

Not sure how I went today. Dont think I got that much gold. However I did get some pickers. Something I have never seen from the ford before. I will post some pics later.
But the highlight of the day was just to get out and meet some great people.
Cheers for that beer barry. Tasted like liquid gold. :D
Greg

great to catch up with peter, greg & barry today at oallen, here's a pic from today's haul, even in the heat, wished we could have stayed longer but was starting to run out of water to drink.. :D

1391328323_1052656_10202610522519235_1899660605_o.jpg

Had a fantastic day, today.
Met up for the first time with some PA members; many thanks to Bazza, Greg, Steve and his family.
Tried my new HB for the first time, will be reviewing the pump situation after trying an electric pump.
When I get my petrol pump, which will happen sooner than later, I'll be back at the Ford on the first day off.

Will run the cons later this week but who would of thought that I would of seen so many of the little fella's in my pan during the day. Special thanks goes to Conner for assisting me, I must of stood out as a complete novice.

I will be at this game for as long as I breathe. :)

hey mate, connor said no worries. :) deb and I were just talking about the next trip down there, and we might do a camp weekend there. :D
pjg100 said:
Had a fantastic day, today.
Met up for the first time with some PA members; many thanks to Bazza, Greg, Steve and his family.
Tried my new HB for the first time, will be reviewing the pump situation after trying an electric pump.
When I get my petrol pump, which will happen sooner than later, I'll be back at the Ford on the first day off.

Will run the cons later this week but who would of thought that I would of seen so many of the little fella's in my pan during the day. Special thanks goes to Conner for assisting me, I must of stood out as a complete novice.

I will be at this game for as long as I breathe. :)

Hey banksy,
Lack of shade got the better of me today, I'm sure that the campertrailers can take care of that next time.
What weekend are you thinking?
Give me a couple of weeks and I am definitely in to stay for the weekend. :)
Hopefully the fire restrictions will be less then.

Did you get that much from today??

Was definatly a fun day. Nice people, bit of colour and to my surprise. Another sapphire from the area. Last weeks stone I found in my cons and was half the size of this one. Well at least I they are sapphires
1391419440_img_2014020324550.jpg

Nice pics there Steve & Greg :)

Taking into account the 5c vs 10c, it looks like you both got a similar quantity? Also noted a couple of larger flakes near Greg's blue stone :eek:

REALLY looking forward to getting out in the field again soon!
Looks like late Feb (as mentioned before) is most likely for me.

For anyone interested in meeting along the Shoalhaven River -- anywhere from Bombay and downstream (including the ford) -- then maybe I should start a new thread for Shoalhaven River gatherings? This thread has certainly run it's course (with a ford gathering having already been added) ... might as well go start that thread right now :)

Cheers,
Dave E :cool:

Shoalhaven River Gatherings thread here --> https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=4652

WalnLiz said:
Have you had you're high banker and the mats out at Grabben Gullen recently Greg.?????

Cheers Wal.

Not lately mate. But after seeing that pretty little blue rock im starting to think about it ;)
Greg

Hello all,
Ran my cons from last Sunday, small amount of colour but good enough for me.
Cannot wait to get back out there again.

1391506431_first_time.jpg

Peter :cool:

Me again, that cion is a fiver.
This photo is of my HB out for its first run, connected to the electric pump which will be replaced in the coming days.
With any luck I will back down ther @ the Ford soon.
1391506924_first_run_hb.jpg

Latest posts