Had the ford all to myself today

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep. Thats usually what im happy with aswell :lol:
Particularily if its a completely new spot and I dont know what to expext. (If anything at all)
But this weekennd should be interesting. Were taking out a friend that has never done it and barely been camping.
Hes a bit of a city boy. Had to laugh when he asked if he could take a tv :lol: :D :lol:

Greg ... As I said before, that IS one of my favourite spots -- so yeah, it makes me laugh just to think of someone taking a TV out there :D :lol: ... I guess the best real chance is a laptop sufficiently charged to play a DVD :)

Hoping I'll have the funds & freedom to go out (coin toss for the ford) either 2nd or 3rd week of Feb.

Cheers,
Dave E :cool:

PS. Are you based anywhere near me? ... Maybe we could coordinate a trip some time?

Who needs a tv (i take my Ipad :p ) :D
Just got back from the ford today, we had it mostly to ourselves though there seemed to be a lot of people turning up. And a lot of bikes up on the back hills.

Got back today. Im not camping there on a public holiday again. Couldnt sleep the first night Because of someones loud music playing till early morning.
The second night a group of gronks decided to camp next to us.
But it was a great weekend. If I wasnt digging I was sitting in the water drinking rum.
All up I only did about 10 hours digging the whole weekend and stIll need to go through the concentrates.
even if its not much at all it was still a fun weekend.

Greglz86 said:
Got back today. Im not camping there on a public holiday again. Couldnt sleep the first night Because of someones loud music playing till early morning.
The second night a group of gronks decided to camp next to us.
But it was a great weekend. If I wasnt digging I was sitting in the water drinking rum.
All up I only did about 10 hours digging the whole weekend and stIll need to go through the concentrates.
even if its not much at all it was still a fun weekend.

What region do you hail from Greg? ... Met a guy at the ford last year who introduced me to Captain Morgan's Spiced Rum (which I have bought a number of times since) ... He was accompanied by his lady and two 4-legged-friends :)

Only got to know him by his nick name actually ... Just wondering if that might have been you?

Had my first ever live run with sluice Mk3 back then (I think it was early to mid April 2013).

Cheers,
Dave E :cool:

Hey dave. Na, that wasnt me. Im from canberra as well mate.
Im heading back on saturday if anyone is interested.

Greglz86 said:
Change of plans guys. Will be out sunday 8)
Greg

G'day Greg (and banksy if you are reading this)

I was thinking of going over on Sunday and may see you there - look for a white Suzuki Jimny with a rooftop camper, thought I would try the downstream side of the ford , I will be on channel 10 CB.

Cheers
Barry

Hello Greg,Banksy and Barry,
Do you guys have a set time that you will be there on Sunday, as I have nothing planned for Sunday. Could come down and catch-up with some members for the first time. I will only be panning as I have not found a pump/hose as yet for my HB.

Peter :cool:

pjg100 said:
Hello Greg,Banksy and Barry,
Do you guys have a set time that you will be there on Sunday, as I have nothing planned for Sunday. Could come down and catch-up with some members for the first time. I will only be panning as I have not found a pump/hose as yet for my HB.

Peter :cool:

Hey Peter,

Are you dealing with a decent budget? I got my pump on a 'shoestring'.

If you have a decent budget, Wal's suggestions would be best I'm sure.

Otherwise (if you're in the same boat as me) then maybe I could help??

Cheers,
Dave :cool:

Greglz86 said:
Change of plans guys. Will be out sunday 8)
Greg

I do sooooo want to get out there again soon -- really looking like 3rd (or even 4th) week of Feb before I can manage it though :/

BTW ... Just guessing -- you wouldn't mind a little Cpt Morgain's yourself -- am I right? ;)

Dave :cool:

I will be getting there early. Anywhere between 7-8:30 depending on when I get out of bed.
I dont mind captain morgans spiced rum. But recently I have been drinking kracken rum. +$50 a bottle in some places but its good stuff :)
Greg

Hi Guys,

I will probably arrive about 8 - 8.30 , I have only been highbanking for a few months so still on a learning curve, I always get gold at Oallen but not huge amounts , been experimenting a lot to get the sluice fine tuned - look forward to meeting up.
Cheers
Barry

bazza2210 said:
Hi Guys,

I will probably arrive about 8 - 8.30 , I have only been highbanking for a few months so still on a learning curve, I always get gold at Oallen but not huge amounts , been experimenting a lot to get the sluice fine tuned - look forward to meeting up.
Cheers
Barry

I think that because your always bound to find something is why alot go there. You might not get much but its good fun just getting that little bit.
Im now just reminiscing about when I got my first gold there about 6 months ago. (First gold since I was 8 anyway)
I think I got about 10 flakes of flour gold for the entire day and I was so excited I talked about it for a week ha ha :lol:

Greglz86 said:
bazza2210 said:
Hi Guys,

Cheers
Barry

I think that because your always bound to find something is why alot go there. You might not get much but its good fun just getting that little bit.
Im now just reminiscing about when I got my first gold there about 6 months ago. (First gold since I was 8 anyway)
I think I got about 10 flakes of flour gold for the entire day and I was so excited I talked about it for a week ha ha :lol:

I am improving and getting a little better each time - last time was about 1 gram , its all about technique/fine tuning and finding that good spot. I was the same after getting my first flakes - couldnt take my eyes offa it.

Cheers
Barry

Hi everyone, I will be at the ford at 0630-0700(down stream side), I will be in a white Toyota Prado. Drop over for a chat

steve

Hello all,
So on Sunday there could be about half dozen of us @ the Ford.
I will get there as early as possible on the downstream side.
With any luck I can set-up the new HB, albeit with an electric pump/hoses and have a go with some advice.
Don't know if the boys' are coming with me.
Are we going to be on channel 10, so that we can find each other?

Peter. :cool:

Latest posts