Greetings everyone - what a great resource!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Found the site by chance last Sunday and have been browsing throughout the week - seems to be just what I've been looking for, how did it come about?
Currently living in Melbourne but grew up a short drive from the Inglewood goldfields. Mrs Autarky is a Bendigo girl and we share an appreciation of gold and a relatively recently acquired passion for prospecting. We also feel that big city living is nearing the end of its shelf life for us and are looking forward to returning to the country in the not too distant future.
Haven't been able to get away on a detector for 12 months or so but have locked some time in over the Queen's birthday weekend - can't wait!
I also really enjoy panning and whenever I'm in Bendigo - say on a day trip - I find the time to grab a little bit of dirt from a certain little creek on the outskirts of town and pan it back home. Have never failed to get a speck or three. At the present rate though it will take some time to fill my jar but at least people don't have to squint anymore when I show it to them.
Would be very interested to hear from anyone who has done any panning or detecting around Alexandra, particularly the Acheron goldfield.
Good luck to all,
Autarky.

Welcome to the forum Autarky, Getting out of the Big Smoke can be rewarding in more ways than one. Great to see that you've thrown out the magnifying glass and that the gold vial is showing some moderate respect. The answers to many a question can be sourced within this forum and i hope you find some of the info beneficial. Look forward to hearing how you go over the Queens Birthday weekend. ;) Best of luck.

Cheers Wal, :)

Welcome Autarky, I hope you find the information on the forum helpful.

To answer your question of how the site came about:- I created the forum in November last year as a way to meet people interested in metal detecting and prospecting. I had frequented other forums in the past but wasn't overly impressed by some of the bickering and brand-slamming that was going on at the time. My professional background is in IT, and so by combining both of of these passions I formed Prospecting Australia :D

Good luck on your hunt for the yellow stuff and I hope to see you around.

Cheers,
Nugget

Welcome aboard Auturky, Hope we all live up to your expectations lol
Regards Bill :cool: