GPX4500 Trade In?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So Ive been thinking about trading in the gpx4500 and going for an sdc2300.
The 4500 is a great machine but I just love the idea of the sdc being so compact and water proof.
Just wondering what sort of trade in value the 4500 would have and if its really worth doing.
What are your thoughts?
Cheers

How old is the 45 if it a newer one with warranty I would say $2800 if its a older 45 the first release and depending on condition some where around $2400 we just sold a newer 45 for $2800 regards john :Y:

I purchased it new it August 2015 not sure if still has warranty but it is in good nick and great working order, only reason for thinking about letting it go is it takes up more space then a sdc would

Not yet, the closest dealer to me is miners den and they arent open untill Monday so Ill make a call then and see what they say

Thats not a bad deal, Ill check with the dealers on a trade in deal first, if its not worth it Ill sell privately and then add the extra to purchase the sdc ... I would like to just buy the sdc and keep the 45 but The missus wouldnt let me live long enough to use the 2300 once she found out hahaha

I doubt you would get anywhere near $2800 as atrade in thats what the dealer would sell it for and have to warranty it as well . I think $2000 would be more realistic , so if it was me i would try to sell it privately. But all you can do is ask.
Jim

reynard said:
I doubt you would get anywhere near $2800 as atrade in thats what the dealer would sell it for and have to warranty it as well . I think $2000 would be more realistic , so if it was me i would try to sell it privately. But all you can do is ask.
Jim
Yep be prepared to hand over around ~$1000-1200 + your 4500. The dealer should look after you with a SDC package though. When you ask take a list of everything that you want with you - i.e. SDC covers, bag, bungy etc.
If you want a quick, hassle free transaction with no worries about postage etc. then it's a good option especially when the detector being traded doesn't owe you anything.

aussiefarmer said:
Mate lok into coils for 4500 its a far better machine than sdc , dont get wound up in the hipe there are coils that make a 4500 like ansdc but with depth jmo
I have the 9 elite and Im very happy with its capabilities, I love the 45 its just the fact the sdc is compact and easier to pack for trips other then that I cant fault the 45 and tbh Id love to just have both lol

We have 2 4500,s and last year sold our 2300 to buy a 5000 . Just the way we see it
Jim
Ps we have 3 machines because of the remotness we detect in
Jim

aussiefarmer said:
Or do a twelve month swap on a scc privtely

I'd swap but wouldn't want to give a 45 back. Stick with it mate it's a better machine by a mile. But then again if you want to get a detector wet grab the 2300 and everything else to complete the wet option $$$ the shelf model is a complete wet unit. At the end of the day how often are you going to use it in water no deeper than 3 metres to find the same amount of fuggets you will with the 4500. Can you imagine stuffing around in the water trying to find that signal that turns out to be leadshot.

Why would you want to get rid of a 4500 to down grade to a 2300???

I originally bought a 2300 but soon realized its limitations with regard to depth and coverage with the size of the coil. Yes there are new coils available but time will tell if the machine will be able to handle them to the same extent as the original coil.

Stick with the 4500 and save for the 2300 if you really want one. That way, if you are not happy with the 2300 you can sell it and you will still have a great detector.

Cheers

Bob

Latest posts