gotta love that clay !

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bacchus

Rick
Reaction score
This was meant to be one of those posts including 20 or 30 little bits sucked up by the SDC at Tibooburra the likes of Stevo1 , alas not to be with the weather gods reeking havoc on best laid plans.The first week of an 8 week trip was my time wandering the quartz laden landscape of Tib then across the cut line to the coast chasing some warmer weather. First night from Adelaide camped between Packsaddle and Milparinka all good until the overnight rain ! The crawl into Milparinka of about 20 Klms took 6 hours , even at about 5 klm's per hour sliding off the road was inevitable and if not for a fortuitously placed fence dropper within reach of the winch cable we would have spent a few days there. 5 days rained in at Milparinka unable to go North or South , thanks to the folk at the Milparinka Pub still had a good time , running out of time had to leave back down to Broken Hill and across without making it to Tibooburra , maybe next time. To fix the itch having been back about a week it's off to Tarnagulla this Friday for a week hoping to get a little yellow. :)

1438655731_image1.jpeg

Sounds like an adventure you don't want to repeat in a hurry mate. What's that yak you're running with there Bacchus?

The Green Wanderer said:
Sounds like a trip to remember, thank the japs for the legendary 80 series.
Gotta love/hate that red clay!

Will not part with my 80 series has never let me down , perhaps a full muddy on the tyre side of things may have been a better choice for this trip though , cheers to you also Jaros good to be catching up on the forum again :)

SCROUNGER said:
Sounds like an adventure you don't want to repeat in a hurry mate. What's that yak you're running with there Bacchus?

Gday Scrounger

Yak is a 12 foot Malibu , we were headed for Wuruma Dam for a little Barra towing :eek: , also did a fair bit of camping on the Inskip Peninsula , could not go onto Fraser Island with our dogs so the Inskip is great for Kayak fishing

Cheers

Latest posts