Got My Eyes Set On Purchasing This Highbanker - Need Confirmation!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brother said:
Well, I have tried making my own few but im not very good at the metal stuff, so after $300 spent on scrap (is now) I bought one from a shop ($450) had to mod as was loosing lots of gold under carpet, so did not work outa the box, and cost another 25 to mod and still has poor results as sluice or hibanker! My Angus is the only thing not to let me down.

And I have listened to all who have helped but it did not work for me and the area im working, med to heavy clays. Months of trial and error.

So I battled on ebay for one of these Goldirocks and got it for $1250. That's loads I hear you say! And it is! But well worth it!

When it arrived I was sceptical with gaps under first few riffles, the design is deferent from all the US stuff. The thing is solid enough.
Just like it says in this thread, but let me tell you, your wrong! This bugger really works fantastic !!

Its a plug and play hibanker, no BS, No mods needed to make it work, and all that fine gold was just sitting in the rubber mat at the top! The riffles do the job great as it forces water and heavies under riffle
bar and into carpet and the lighter stuff flows over the top! Its much better than I expected.
Even with my pump running to slow it works great! It has tripled my gold intake.

Yes its expensive, but every thing Australian made is!! Thank the Gov for that!

Soon I will pop up a revue vid on this Goldirocks hibanker Stay tuned.

I love it! Ill I need now is a bigger one :lol:

Soon to be used on a Working Mining Lease! That's how happy we are with this unit.

Say what you like about it, it does what it says on the Tin, and that's more than I can say for others!

As I don't drink, my wife said gold is a cheep hobby! Would have drunk that money fast when I was younger!
Hey if your happy with it then its great value, you got to spend money to make it. Plus you only have to find 1 oz and your square, look forward to the review, What the weight and portability like? Mine is too heavy looking to lighten the load. Cheers Balx

Sorry, pc playing up!?

Weight is around 16kg, comes in 2 bits just, bolt and go. It is a large unit (5ft?). Ill pop up a pic later.

my grandfather has a goldirocks sluice and i love it. so much so that i copied the riffles for my home made highbanker and i'll never look back. my highbanker is about 5ft long and after a 6 hour day shovelling (with lunch breaks of course) all my gold is in the first foot of the box. All because of those riffles. :)

Was up the palmer last week, to run a test a get a few pics of the hibanker in action but Tens of thousands of March Flies had us on the run after 20min, dropped camera in water, smacked self in face wile wife and kids did a run for the car!

Must order an air strike or wait till after the wet!

Ill get new camera this week! And pop up picks of the hibanker working on the fine gold in Muzzle flash creek!

Brother said:
Was up the palmer last week, to run a test a get a few pics of the hibanker in action but Tens of thousands of March Flies had us on the run after 20min, dropped camera in water, smacked self in face wile wife and kids did a run for the car!

Must order an air strike or wait till after the wet!

Ill get new camera this week! And pop up picks of the hibanker working on the fine gold in Muzzle flash creek!

Had a laugh when I read your post Brother :lol:
I was thinking of going up there one day - but maybe not during summer...
I hope that air strike throws up some gold :lol:

cheers
Lam

Interesting thread that I've just come across. Thanks everyone.
I bought the GoldHog stacker highbanker ... brilliant!! But probably a bit on the "X-ee" side for most. However, I sincerely suggest that the GoldHog mats are brilliant!! Second to none!! Can be used in ANY sluice setup ... and honestly, WILL catch the gold that you didn't know you were losing!!
I only use my highbanker during the winter. Summer time is now here (allegedly! :( ) so I've got the Keene 151 ready to go. Am hoping my first 2014 trip will be over to Ballarat/Cabbage Tree/Creswick area ... maybe I'll catch up with a few members!!

Latest posts