Google earth Mine overlay For SA

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zakman

Marcus
Reaction score
Hi guys in trying to find a mine overlay for google earth or any other map programme for the South Australia area.

I do have have the historical .bmp file which was posted on these forums a long time ago but this file is very small with little detail.

Regards The ZakMan

I've got a KMZ file (i.e. Google Earth format) of SA mines, but don't think I can upload it here.

If you PM me an email address I will send it to you.

It's only about a 14KB file, I also have a .GPX version if you have a Garmin device.

Cheers,
JD

Question I use Google Earth which does run slow and hang a bit . But i noted there is this OziExplorer programme is that better ??

Should i get that programme . The data files are also available on your link mbasko
??

I just converted those KMZ files to 0v2 files for my Tomtom car GPS and put them in my POI section, so now when driving near mines I get an alert and can navigate straight to them, just gotta be careful not to drive into a mineshaft now. :)

Heatho said:
I just converted those KMZ files to 0v2 files for my Tomtom car GPS and put them in my POI section, so now when driving near mines I get an alert and can navigate straight to them, just gotta be careful not to drive into a mineshaft now. :)

Hi Heatho

What software do you use to convert KMZ files to 0v2 files for Tomtom car GPS ?

Cheers
Jed

Latest posts