Golddiggerart - Detector finds...

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B5MECH said:
Nice hunt Gda... :cool: :Y: ...that spot is going to have some cracking finds ;) :Y: :rainbow: :party:

Sure is mate, wish I could find the other half of the Locket, now having that restored would be an awesome treat, that is if anyone wants to tackle repairing it. :) :Y:

golddiggerart said:
Went for a swing tonight around the corner where I've been getting a few silvers and also where I got my first florin.

Anyway I had a pretty good 1 hour and a half even though it started raining, found some pre-d's, silvers, relics, brownies, goldies/spendable coins.

1974 1924 Commonwealth Games Spoon

1495731323_commonwealth_games.jpg

Cheers GDA

Fixed that for ya GDA... bit closer to becoming a jenyouine "Antique" now lol ;) :D

GypsyGoldAu said:
golddiggerart said:
Went for a swing tonight around the corner where I've been getting a few silvers and also where I got my first florin.

Anyway I had a pretty good 1 hour and a half even though it started raining, found some pre-d's, silvers, relics, brownies, goldies/spendable coins.

1974 1924 Commonwealth Games Spoon

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/3128/1495731323_commonwealth_games.jpg

Cheers GDA

Fixed that for ya GDA... bit closer to becoming a jenyouine "Antique" now lol ;) :D

Thanks for fixing that for me....WOW 1924 awesome stuff I short changed the spoon by 50 years. :)

Twas slim pickings last night but I wasn't into it as much as I would have liked to be. I was reminded of the Old Fella ('Michael') because when I got down there and started digging a target which happened to be a brownie the lady with her husband across the road came trotting over with some sort of urgency then stopped short of 5 metres from me.
They looked puzzled and went back up their driveway only to return and call out ('Michael', 'Michael'.) Well I looked up and said sorry I haven't seen him tonight and they went back indoors with heads down, they had a worried look on their faces.
I kept swinging picking out targets mostly trash and could see them every 15 minutes coming out on the balcony to check if Michael was around.
I ended the night by swinging over a nice looking thimble and thought wow awesome but when I got it home and rinsed it under water then started rubbing it - it crumbled into dust and so it went in the bin.
The last thing I did before leaving was walking down to where 'Michael' stays to check if he was there but he wasn't around, all of the cats that stay there were watching me closely up in the trees, glowing eyes all around me almost as if protecting the place.
I had a few little tears in my eyes as I left.

So I found a Silver which was good because I thought to myself gee every other night there were more easier ones to be gotten, very happy all the same.

1495857351_finds_slim_picking.jpg

1938 Roo

1495857380_1938_penny.jpg

1942 Roo Half which was only 2 inches deep

1495857404_1942_half.jpg

1952 RAM....This will clean up nicely. :)

1495857491_1952_shilling.jpg

I noticed when I cleaned the Rams and the Florin that a Copper Tone is partially covering some of them does anyone know why?
I used the Salt, Baking Soda, Foil and Hot water treatment.

Cheers GDA. :)

:eek: Did you mix coins :eek:
You used what :eek: 8)
Sounds like it copper plated from another coin....show us a pic 8)
Nice hunt Gda :rainbow: :party: pulling the silver :rainbow: :party:

B5MECH said:
:eek: Did you mix coins :eek:
You used what :eek: 8)
Sounds like it copper plated from another coin....show us a pic 8)
Nice hunt Gda :rainbow: :party: pulling the silver :rainbow: :party:

Will show a pic when I can and nope I never mixed with other coins, but I did use a brass singing bowl like this one.

1495861487_download.jpg

Just catching up on all the great hunting you have had GDA , nice story about the homeless man mate :Y: . I hope he is alright . There are homeless where I go and hunt . I was lucky I had found enough last year to get 5 swags that convert into tents and are warm and waterproof , through a charity called the order of Malta . They asked if I wanted to go with them and give the swags out , which I did , it was a very humbling and rewarding experience :Y:. I'm glad you went to check on Michael , even though he was not there , he might be tonight :Y:

Danny13 said:
Just catching up on all the great hunting you have had GDA , nice story about the homeless man mate :Y: . I hope he is alright . There are homeless where I go and hunt . I was lucky I had found enough last year to get 5 swags that convert into tents and are warm and waterproof , through a charity called the order of Malta . They asked if I wanted to go with them and give the swags out , which I did , it was a very humbling and rewarding experience :Y:. I'm glad you went to check on Michael , even though he was not there , he might be tonight :Y:

Mate you're a legend, at the moment really all I can do is cook him a meal now and again and share it with him, sometimes the best thing we can do is just talk to them, that is if they want to talk. :)

Cheers mate for sharing that it made my day. :Y:

Maybe you are living on top of an old celtic graveyard :)

I bet it is not the last time you have a 5 minute swing in your backyard :Y:

cashgoldsilver said:
Maybe you are living on top of an old celtic graveyard :)

I bet it is not the last time you have a 5 minute swing in your backyard :Y:

Lawn is so overgrown there are a lot of signals but I am only pulling out the loud signals for now on max sensitivity.
Have some other finds I need to take pictures of when I get the chance. :) :Y:

Latest posts