Golddiggerart - Detector finds...

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B5MECH said:
You never mentioned big storm :eek: :eek: :eek: get back there and hit the edges of the dunes and areas that have been washed out ;)
Erosion is my best friend ;) :Y:

Ya only one spot where the beach eroded and the beach cleaner has already cleared that spot but there may still be something there....also a 1 foot high sand bar was created along the section of beach I detect which is great at low tide, that is if you have a AT PRO, CTX 3030. Excalibur which is on my wish list.... Would prefer Excalibur but all three do a good job.....

Will see how things pan out this week...

I'm not a fan of the Excalibur they have a lot of issues and with something that's designed to be a submersible Mine lab did a pretty piss poor job designing and building it, the knobs fall off and the most important thing the battery compartment can leak water and also have read the battery packs are poor quality, you could add a deus to your maybe list ;) I think the deus is water proof but not 100% sure ask Rocketaroo
I'd say the new makro impact but don't think there waterproof so is pretty much a waste of time too :lol: :lol: water proof coil is useless on the beach unless the rest of the machine is :rolleyes: seems like alot of manufactures don't want you to go swimming with them :rolleyes: :lol: :lol:
And damned if I'd take a $3500 machine out in the surf swimming, yeah it will but no I wouldn't :lol: :lol:

Last nights and this mornings beach dig. I started around 9:30 pm and gridded 400 meters of beach for a little ring which is a junker, a pair of reading glasses, 1 x $2 1 x 50c and 1 x 10c that was a small coin spill and I thought I was onto a winner but alas no cigar....ended up finishing that section of beach with a $1 coin to add to the mix.....

Jumped in the Car and thought ahhh bugger this I am wide awake so I'll drive down to the pier and have a swing.....Within minutes of arriving I was about to start swinging when a bloke who was fishing stopped for a chat, he had caught 12 squid and said its a good time to have a detect....we chatted for a bit then he left, as he parted he said he hopes I get a nice necklace or ring....Good Bloke...

Well fired up the detector and within seconds I got my first ping, I knew it was $2 because of the tone and sure enough it was, another followed then 50c, 50c, 50c, that was about it for one side of the pier so I moved to the other....
The finds came quickly and even though the sand was damp the 505 performed admirably...Target after target wrong discrimination numbers for the coins that popped out, I guess that was the damp sand aye.....The 505 picked up signals a foot deep each of them a coin then sinkers and some other trash....

This area really needs to be gridded properly, I never bothered because the sand was wet and there was a lot of false noise.... Very Happy with the result and will hit this spot again when I have a waterproof detector... I finished up around 2:30am all up around 4 hours detecting with breaks in between... :)

1488385709_beach_2.jpg

Junker - No hallmarks...

1488385742_beach.jpg

These are the dirtiest I have come across at the beach....There were more small beeps but I knew I'd be digging to China and they'd all look like these ones...

1488385805_beach_3.jpg

Finally the finds for the night....Until next time blokes GL and HH...

Cheers GDA :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Smoky bandit said:
Nice going GDA...your finds are getting bigger and bigger..well done :Y:

Cheers Smoky. going to leave it for the weekend now and let the coin build up and whatever else people want to lose...lol

Going to do some freestyle hunting around the country towns and see what I can come up with. :) :D

I think you need to leave it longer, maybe time to add another beach and rotate hunting spots ;)
Have you been back to the spot you got the penny? there couldn't be only one PD there, start the exact spot it came from and slow grid out digging all high tone small targets, it's easy to miss 3p's :cool: If it junky and putting you off weed a bit of the junk out, be surprised what might be hiding under it
The wharf needs to be a regular maybe once or twice a month :) :Y:

B5MECH said:
I think you need to leave it longer, maybe time to add another beach and rotate hunting spots ;)
Have you been back to the spot you got the penny? there couldn't be only one PD there, start the exact spot it came from and slow grid out digging all high tone small targets, it's easy to miss 3p's :cool: If it junky and putting you off weed a bit of the junk out, be surprised what might be hiding under it
The wharf needs to be a regular maybe once or twice a month :) :Y:

Mate it's loaded I never even touched the surface of it because even though the 505 performed well there were a lot of deeper targets, all of the crusty coins were a foot deep, but not being able to pinpoint in wet tuckered me out digging.
I am buying a new detector next month - if there are any left for me to purchase...
No luck at the penny spot, nudda nothing....

Now there's a coin I've never seen :eek: silver ring gda? if there is heaps there and deep take a metal spade, I used to drag one behind me ;)
easier to fill the hole in after, no one will say anything about it at the beach and if they do tell em your digging worms for fishing :lol: :lol: :Y:
As long as you don't walk into the park with grass with it :eek: :eek: :N:
Nice job :cool: :Y:

B5MECH said:
Now there's a coin I've never seen :eek: silver ring gda? if there is heaps there and deep take a metal spade, I used to drag one behind me ;)
easier to fill the hole in after, no one will say anything about it at the beach and if they do tell em your digging worms for fishing :lol: :lol: :Y:
As long as you don't walk into the park with grass with it :eek: :eek: :N:
Nice job :cool: :Y:

Did you notice the Dates? 1993 on one side and 1995 on the other lol

Latest posts