Prospecting / Gold Detecting Tours & Training WA Western Australia

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Madtuna, I am going with Gold and Relics, they are Ballarat based. I have heard good reports on their tours so looking forward to the trip and finding some nice WA gold, the heavier the better. ??
Cheers

Highway1 said:
Hi Madtuna, I am going with Gold and Relics, they are Ballarat based. I have heard good reports on their tours so looking forward to the trip and finding some nice WA gold, the heavier the better. ??
Cheers

You're in good hands, nice people who know their stuff and are very familiar with the area. Never heard a bad word about them at all only good stuff.

As for the hot rocks, the 7000 and the 2300 shine on them over here, but saying that they are 99% surface rocks and can be dismissed with a kick of the foot or by lifting your coil and inch.
If you have to dig for a hot rock there's a good chance it's not a hot rock.

Laverton is still producing excellent gold and some mighty big nuggets coming out lately too :) Don't let the people in the van park convince you else wise.

Good luck mate

Wishfull said:
Breaker breaker...... Any one heard from Moneybox of late. He went on another prospecting trip last last month.

Edit :
It's all good. He posted 8th January 17
Just checking :/

Wishfull, thanks for that. It's comforting to know that somebody is looking out for us :) . It's just that we didn't find enough to make a fuss about. It was too hot and i guess we poked the coil in all the wrong places.

thanks guys for the replies. i am also afan and member of UDO&BILL but unfortunatly with my wifes shingles delaying our decision to go they are all booked out and that is why i am looking for info on GOANA TOURS.
JIM

Thanks for the advice Madtuna, I kick most of the hot rocks here which are also generally speaking on the surface. I hope to keep you guys informed on the trip when it takes place.

Moneybox are you going to be in the area early June also?

Cheers

No Highway1, we expect to be heading off shortly in a Northerly direction. We're going to load the boot with gold then head east to meet up with family to do Cape York in June July.

At lease that's the plan. Right now we have a few problems to sort out that look like delaying our departure by a couple of weeks.

vstrom said:
Hi minkawilson I'm also booked in for the tour on the 21 April as well going with a mate see you there. :D

Cool...... That's 3 PA members that I know of on this tour, more the merrier. :)

Cheers
Wayne

Gday Reynard my wife has had shingles for 5 weeks doctor said worst case of shingles he has ever seen. Rash has gone but still getting pain but getting less every day on medication which has side affects but better then having to put up with pain. I got some herb cream from health food store st john's wort and lemon balm they make it up for you wife said it was amazing relief for her. Hope your wife gets better soon mate.

thanks bigdog
robyn has had it since october. she is the same as your wife in that the rash has gone long ago but the pain keeps flaring. its a bastard of a thing we know of at least 15 people with it. she found a .54 grm nugget on sunday so that helped

well we have bitten the bullet and paid our deposit with goanna tours and are off in early may to W.A. our tour starts on the 15th and we are planning on being away for about 3 months and we sure are looking forward to it, and hoping for a profitable trip

Thanks d-n-it yes we will see if we can apply some of the knowledge we learnt at scaresdal hope you guys have a great trip north. Jim

Hi Hwy1, I'm on the same tour as you. Have previously done Kalgoorlie and Leonora tagalong said with Darren. He is a wealth of knowledge and encourages questions from participants. Doesn't detect himself but spends all the time walking around assisting others. See you there. We have Disco4 and off-road Traveller van.

Hi Bobh, Great to hear from you I will look out for your van etc, I am will have a Pajero and tent. My trip has to also incorporate a holiday for my wife and sister, so it means almost once the tag along is finished I need to drive to Perth to pick up the family members. At least I get to go on the tag along and hopefully find nice nice gold as well as having a trip to WA.
Cheers

Hi Hwy1, my wife tags along but has zero interest in detecting. Darren charges for her only enough to cover insurances. My wife spends most of the time photographing native birds and painting.
Will keep a look out for you but at least catch up at the tour.

well time marches on, we have been picking up a heap or spares for the cruiser as well as all the normal stuff like transmission fluid and diff oil brake fluid filters
belts and hoses and thats just the truck. we have to make some modifications to the caravan, second spare tyre, jerrycan holders and such.and time marches on.
we received our new sdc2300 today thanks COILTEK ,that completes our detecting arsenal. but man there is some preperation for a trip like this.

jim & robyn

Minkawilson and I are leaving Brisbane Friday night and will be in port augusta Sunday arvo heading west if anyone is keen to join on/tag along, otherwise hope to see some of you over there, cheers Wayne

Latest posts