S40E recommendations in northern WA

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MRH

Reaction score
Late August/September I'm headed over the top of WA - from Exmouth to Broome and into the NT. I'll be swinging a metal detector on some available land as I go, but I'd like to take a S40E somewhere along the way and spend a week or two camped up detecting for gold. I'm new to prospecting and not hoping to "score big" - but to take home some souvenir gold would be nice. I'm travelling in a Toyota Coaster bus that loves a dirt road, with a Yamaha XT250 on the back to get further off the beaten track.

I'd really appreciate tips or guidance on locations to research and look further into for this part of the country. Essentially, if you could prospect anywhere in northern WA for a while, where would you go?

Thanks Bob. I recently travelled up from Kalgoorlie through Leinster, Mount Magnet and on to Geraldton and felt that the more desirable places were under tenement. $99 for a S40 doesn't seem too much when tacked onto months of travel, especially if it puts me on better grounds.