Prospecting / Gold Detecting Tours & Training WA Western Australia

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
7.62marksman said:
Moneybox said:
Sounds like a good time to head east...I've heard it's going to be quiet over there :lol:

We're due to head off after Easter but right now we've got a few dramas going on with some of our tenants. One's gone to gaol for a year and left us with a caged corella. I guess he now knows how the bird feels. We've had to get a violence restraining order on his female associate as she's gone wild. The cops recon she's on meth.

Another of our tenants should be sharing a cell with the first guy but I guess they haven't caught him yet but we're taking court action to try to get some money from him. These people seem to think that once they are into a place they are there to stay whether they pay or not. Even the Dept of Commerce said that non-payment of rent is insufficient reason to evict a tenant.

We might just have to take off anyway and head for the goldfields. There's no money here and out there we at least have a chance :cool: Who knows we might catch up with some of you guys while you're here. I'll keep an eye on this thread.

This might help
If you wish to evict the tenant for your own reasons, and your state's laws entitle you to do so (which i think WA does). In some states a landlord can evict a tenant with 30 to 60 days notice for reasons unrelated to the tenant's behavior. For example, a landlord may need to evict tenants if he or she sells the building or renovate eg: painting upgrading electrical/water

I think i need a 7.62 marksman :lol:
This is a commercial tenancy. According to the WA Dept of Commerce we can be sued for loss of income if we evict them even if they don't pay rent. We can sue them for the money owed (that's what we are doing) or we can make an application to the court to take possession of our property.

Dave, there's nothing much to find with a metal detector in the SE so we have to go N or NE. It's the distance that counts in either direction. 1000km pretty much puts us on the gold but further may produce more....

As i have said before time and time again the rental laws are there not to protect the owner
I feel for you mate i see lots of the same thing here once they squat its a hell of a job to remove then
Feel for you mate

Now got a detecting buddy and have changed to his tour, we will be leaving brisvegas on the 15th of april, due to meet tour in Coolgardie on the 21st so taking our time, then heading north for awhile, keep an eye out for us and say hello, be keen to shake hands with a few of you blokes someday, I'll be in a white Colorado towing a penguin outback and the mates in a triton towing a van, cheers and good hunting all :D

cairnspom said:
Just a thought, anybody give me an idea of expected temps in WA in May? Have to make sure I have the right 'wardrobe' for the time of year!
Certainly different from Cairns. We've been over 3 times from May for a few months and have taken warm clothes, ie jeans, jacket/parka, long sleeve shirts, also wet weather gear. We've camped out in different areas and had a campfire at night. Make sure you have warm bedding as well. Usually short sleeves in the day walking around. Be prepared for all seasons though. Op shops are good if you need extra stuff along the way. Laundromats are in all towns, usually $4 or $5.

neo, hope to see you over there mate, look for our outfits we will be heading home about the end of may to first fortnight in June depending on how we are doing lol, hope to catch up and maybe have a lazy bear or two, cheers brother. :Y: :D

Thanks Jacko, Kinda what I thought, but its nice to have it confirmed, & I didn't want to take all the extra clothes if I didn't need them!

Luckily I've been sent to some strange places in Qld traffic controlling with regards to the temps so I have plenty of both warm & light clothes!

Well I've just booked the tour from Laverton on 6th May, so I hope I'll catch up with some of you around then

Nigel

g'day fellow prospectors mrs reynard and i are planing a trip to w.a. and i want to know if any of you have done a tour with goanna gold adventures, and if so what your experience was like and your impressions of the operation thank you in anticipation. Jim

sorry only been by myself but would consider joining a tour this year

thanks ronk. we are going on our first trip to wa so we decided to get some local knowledge at the start. Jim

I'll be catching up with Linc and Kim at various stages so will look forward to meeting a few of you along the way. I'll probably call in on your Coolgardie camp and some of the prospecting in the Laverton area will be here on Erlistoun.

Average temps are: April :26.9 May :22.1 June : 18.3 July :18.4 August :20.9 September :24.5

Night time temps can drop down into single digits and frosts are not uncommon.

Hi Reynard, I have done a lot of detecting in the West from Kalgoorlie, Mt. Magnet and the Pilbara regions. I have never struck the big one but have found many small pieces and enjoyed swinging the detector. If you want local knowledge and someone with experience try googling Udo and Bill. They are based in Cue W.A. right in the heart of the goldfields. You can get on their mailing list free of charge and if you want to do a trip with them the costs are reasonable. I have never met them but enjoy reading their website. They sound very well informed and genuine. I am hoping to organise a tag along with them when time permits. Cheers Rando

I'd second that Randolph, I'm on their mailing list and look forward to reading their newsletters.
They sure are free with their knowledge, would love to do a tag along with them sometime.
Regards Adrian.

Are these guys GODS or what. Had to stop reading, making it too easy. Great info thanks Randolph and reynard I'm keen to also go w.a this year for look if not peru :p

Booked into a tag along tour out of Laverton, in June. Excited about this as it will be my first experience of detecting in WA. Read lots of info but still woundering what to expect once out there swinging the detector. Are the hot rocks similar to what you experience in the golden triangle, Vic? People talk about a good rain will uncover gold patches etc? Any tips on the Laverton area would be interesting.
Cheers. ??

Latest posts