"Gold" The Game.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Is their any official set of competitive rules when detecting with mates?
If not i have a game in mind for a bit of extra fun when with mates (hardly ever. Lol)

Points scoring system is:
Junk metal targets = 1 point
Gold targets = 5 points + 1 point bonus every gram over 1st gram
Hot rocks = 0 points

Rules:
1: before starting there is a short straw contest. Whoever draws the shortest straw get a 60 second head start before all other competitors may proceed.

2: multiple junk targets may be taken from the one hole. Any breakage of junk metal must be declared and counted as one piece. If undeclared breakage is found at count a 5 point penalty will be applied.

3: any planted junk metal will result in disqualification

4: any planted gold tagets will result in disqualification, and a 2 week suspension

5: mechanical digging tools or slave diggers are not allowed

Thats it so far. Might ammend the rules if required later
:lol:

How many beers does the winner get or if multiple players and teams are created how many slabs does the winning team get :) :beer: I'll be up for a game in winter at the rate I'm going :/

RM Outback said:
How many beers does the winner get or if multiple players and teams are created how many slabs does the winning team get :) :beer: I'll be up for a game in winter at the rate I'm going :/

I guess any bets or prizes could be negotiated before the start of play.. extra winnings could only make it more exciting... if thats even possible. Haha

1578119073_20191107_165620.jpg

18 pts. A new record i believe (unnoficial due to non verification)

14 digs. 3 hours ballarat (strike rate = 6.0)
Qed pl2 on sadie

:trophy: :lol:

RM Outback said:
:Y: good job hippyhunter, so which one broke into two my count is a show of 19 targets :|

None broke rm. I just counted wrong. Damn. Good spot. I guess my s/r went up to 6.33 now.
Seems like my unnoficial record has been broken anyways. I still have the strike rate for now at least ;)

Benj308 said:
Make that 24. :lol:

Good one benj308. You are the man so far.
:trophy: :trophy: :trophy:
Striking at 5.0 an hour. Not bad either. Must be a good area you're at.
Will be good to get an official confirmed record sometime. The word of any second forum member will be good for that

RM Outback said:
hippyhunter said:
Will be nice to see a gold target in the scoring too of course

Ya not wrong :Y: if there's no show of gold I reckon you blokes will be on your own :lol: :p

Im personally just using it as an excuse not to get too disheartened when am just finding junk. Where there is lots of junk many people wont detect (enough to clean up the junk at least). Therefore i feel those areas can be a good chance for a nugget if you can persist..
But yeah, nuggets in the points will be more interesting for the readers and participants alike. :perfect:

If you hadnt gotten the second gold target you would have tied with an all junk score.. interesting...

Might add a rule..
Rule 6... scores are restricted to gold fields only.

Just to prevent scores coming from the beach with bottle caps or even the rubbish tip etc :lol:

hippyhunter said:
Might add a rule..
Rule 6... scores are restricted to gold fields only.

Just to prevent scores coming from the beach with bottle caps or even the rubbish tip etc :lol:

Nah just create 2 game's or 3.

1 Goldfields

2 Treasure and relics

3 Alluvial gold, Gems

Each will have to have its own score sheet IE: Type of gem has a score value same for treasure and relics and alluvial gold will need a score card for Spec numbers and of course weight.

Latest posts