Gold In Western Sydney

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello i am new here.. just wondering if anyone has had any luck out western sydney along the rivers and old creek beds... i have found very little info on the net about it but i am persistant and stubborn and wont stop looking till i find some...
I have a pan a sluice and a goldmonster1000 and am ready to rumble...
Any tips or spots to head to?

Probably need to get the other side of the blue mountains to stand a good chance.

Oberon, orange, Bathurst, Mudgee.

Plenty of posts on here to do a bit of research

Thanks for taking the time to post the advice guys... @mike i have some some very old solid iron ore stones there and vocanic rock... also when i sluiced and panned the creek got alot of quartz and iron sand... did 4hours not a spec.. now i have my goldmonster i will be searching everywhere... but thankyou 4 the words on sandstone, i was not aware of that info
@pogo since today is not as cold as it war forecasted i may pack the car and kids up and go for a drive to the country

I have heard of tiny traces of gold in the Sydney region but they in parts per billion. Best advice is to head over the mountains. Closest to Sydney I've found gold is Sunny Corner Sate Forest.

Ill give it a miss for the next couple of days. Plenty cold out there at the moment. Good snow at Oberon

But if you go the kids will have fun with snowmen and snowballs

I was tempted to drive to bowral i have read stories of there and seen videos on youtube of gold in shoalhaven... but yeah 2 windy and cold for the kids.. 3 of the are under 5 years old..
Just play with them in the house and research and daydream today.. i even dream of looking for gold in old gold mines now.. have not found 1 spec but already have the fever i fear

go to oallen ford when the water goes down easy and save for the kids and allways some color see you there

@forest dweller thankyou 4 the location.. i may hit that place up next saturday morning.. only 1hr41min. The way i drive maybe 1hr ;)
Always keen to learn.. is that oallen ford road oallen or is there a specific location out there..
Or is it all golden :)
Thanks again 4 your time

Thankyou for the advice... i detected some "metalic rocks" my old workmate believes they are space rocks.. i broke 2 of them with small sledge hammer.. just sent photos to be analysed by meteorite team..
That would be cool..
I thought maybe they were metalic objects melted by bushfire possibly after reading how bullets melt etc..
But now not so sure..
How do i post photos here?

1598167450_img-20200823-wa0025.jpg

1598167450_img-20200823-wa0024.jpg

1598167451_img-20200823-wa0026.jpg

1598167451_img-20200823-wa0027.jpg

1598167451_img-20200823-wa0028.jpg

Been bloody cold and wet out mudgee way.
But next weekend is looking better. 20deg.
That water is going to be mighty cold for a few more weeks yet.
But good detecting weather.
Windeyer is a good spot for starting out.
Good warm cabins at the caravan park there (bushland caravan prk) 0263738252.
Dog friendly.
Good little pub next door for a feed :beer:
Only downside is no fuel available there, so fill up in Mudgee, Lithgow, Bathurst etc.
Feel free to pm me for info once you get your ten posts up

SydneySteelfixer said:
Thankyou for the advice... i detected some "metalic rocks" my old workmate believes they are space rocks.. i broke 2 of them with small sledge hammer.. just sent photos to be analysed by meteorite team..
That would be cool..
I thought maybe they were metalic objects melted by bushfire possibly after reading how bullets melt etc..
But now not so sure..
How do i post photos here?
Nearly all your photos are completely out of focus (there is no purpose posting them) - no reason to suppose "space rocks"
though - they look a bit like pyrite

Latest posts