Going wireless on SDC

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PhaseTech

Phase Technical
Site Sponsor
Reaction score
Is now very simple :cool:

The Deteknix wireless kits are now available. Just plug the transmitter into my adaptor lead, and plug your headphone of choice into the receiver unit.

I've tried about 6 different headphones and no issues. One thing I did notice is that there is a tiny amount of boost with the Wireless set-up when on max volume, making very faint targets sound a little crisper. Maybe 5-10% but it is there and quite obvious if you test a small target at the limit of it's detection range.
No obvious lag, and no degradation in sound quality.

I've sold quite a few of these kits already and still have a few left. Price is $115.

1460934557_20160409_192438-1.jpg

Cheers, Nenad

Been watching these mate they look good, is there any chance you will just put a SDC plug on one of these so they can go straight to the unit to do away with the adapter lead? I have been using the Avantree bluetooth modules but with a sdc I need your adapter lead, then a patch lead from 6.5 to 3.5 and it just makes it messy.

Hey Nenad
Nice work mate!!!!!!
I don't mind the connector configuration as I can make up a light weight Li-Po battery for the SD to GPX range & therefore go wireless with anything whoo hoo.

Can you please provide some info on the charging side of things & also the battery life of these units.
thanks mate keep up the innovative work & overcome some of the issues that are a pain.

Do you have a booster in the pipeline???
cheers
Lee

Lee, both the transmitter and receiver are charged off USB. The USB plugs for charging into both units are slightly different, but the connection into whatever you are charging off are the common one's in vehicles, laptops etc. Both cables are supplied. Run time is stated as approx 6 hrs but I haven't run one yet on a SDC or something to check.

Was doing a bit of work on a good headphone booster, but that's been put on the back burner for now.

Cheers

Can also use the usb cable from a Samsung phone (or any other micro usb cable I guess) if you require extra length ........................ makes it easier to charge without removing unit from either headphones or machine.
Very happy Nenad and no lag that I can detect
:)

Wow, with a speaker too, rechargeable............Suspect they`ll sell like hot cakes, even to CTX & Z owners, even better if they are compatible with the WM10 & 12.(but doubt this)

G'Day Norvic,
Maybe I'm missing something here; why would anyone with a GPZ7000 and or CTX3030 need another wireless set-up? I have both machines and the WM10/12 modules work fairly well, that said though I drive my dual speaker booster from the WM modules and they work very well on both machines.
Just interested in your thoughts on this subject, take care.
Cheers, SinHof.

Now your talking Minelab, the SDC just got wireless without 100 cables and plugs. Looks really good and volume control cmon Minelab how about a WM12 with volume control.

Norvic said:
Wow, with a speaker too, rechargeable............Suspect they`ll sell like hot cakes, even to CTX & Z owners, even better if they are compatible with the WM10 & 12.(but doubt this)

Awsome! Just hope their a reasonable price although I suspect they will be pricey and they have a 10m range that will be handy ....not sure how though.
Pity their not out now I could have hinted for a Christmas present.

Yeah SinHof,
I`ve been thinking of buying another WM12 for the Z, to have one on each shoulder as I suspect you do but with dual speakers, the Pro-Sonic gives you a volume control. Much better than another WM12 I feel. Plus if built in wireless buggers up in the field........Seems to me the way to go, rather than another WM12, time will tell. Trust this explains my earlier post.

G'Day Norvic,
Thanks for the explanation, I can see where you're coming from now; my set-up; I custom built to suit my requirements, my hearing is not the best these days so I need an audio set-up to help in that regard, it consists of dual amps with volume controls in the front end of each driving dual 8 ohm speakers with a volume limit switch. Apart from solving/overcoming my hearing difficulties, it's handy to have individual volume controls as you can adjust each speaker to suit the detecting conditions, hearing and other sound issues that may crop up, it's also much quicker adjustment wise than chasing through the detector menus. With two harnesses rigged with the dual system and one patch lead I can mix and match three detectors, 5000,7000 and the 3030 which works rather well.
Your comment about having the new Pro Sonic as a back-up makes good sense too, should the WM12 fail for some reason, I have a work around in my system should the WM12 fail, so far so good on that score.
It will be interesting to hear from your self et al on how the Pro Sonic performs on the 7000, the audio from the WM12 is not all that crash hot by all accounts and the WM10 on the 3030 is not that far behind it sound quality wise.
Take care, SinHof.

I'd get one if they were compatible with the wireless transmitter inbuilt into the GPZ (i.e. no need to use the Pro-Sonic sender) just for the ability to have volume control on the receiver unit.
My WM12 module & the Pro-Sonic sender would then be spares/back up for my wireless system on the GPZ.
At this stage it doesn't appear they will be? It would appear that Minelab will have 3 x wireless units - the WM10, WM12 & Pro-Sonic - with little compatibility Edit: (the WM12 is apparently backwards compatible with the CTX3030). Doesn't make sense for the Pro-Sonic not to be?
Definitely aimed at SDC owners & great if they have other detectors being universal. Will be good for new SDC owners too if it's included in future package deals!

Wonder when they will be available? And how much? I'll be getting one I reckon.

mbasko said:
I'd get one if they were compatible with the wireless transmitter inbuilt into the GPZ (i.e. no need to use the Pro-Sonic sender) just for the ability to have volume control on the receiver unit.
My WM12 module & the Pro-Sonic sender would then be spares/back up for my wireless system on the GPZ.
At this stage it doesn't appear they will be? It would appear that Minelab will have 3 x wireless units - the WM10, WM12 & Pro-Sonic - with little compatibility Edit: (the WM12 is apparently backwards compatible with the CTX3030). Doesn't make sense for the Pro-Sonic not to be?
Definitely aimed at SDC owners & great if they have other detectors being universal. Will be good for new SDC owners too if it's included in future package deals!

Yeah I heard about the backward compatiblility of the wm12 with the CTX but I tried and it does not work either way. I don't understand Minelab's motive behind not making just the one unit that works on all. I understand that this Pro Sonic might be new wireless tech but compatibility would surely make the manufacturing easier. Time will tell.

So, are we saying the pro sonic can't be used on the sdc one day and
then the 4500 the next.

Polky

Latest posts