Gel blasters banned in S.A.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In NSW the only "Slingshot" one is allowed to own is that of a child's toy, made from the fork of a branch of a tree with a bicycle innertube rubber. Useless pos and they know it. Commercially made ones are illegal in NSW. Armrest or none.

All good mate.
As I said, it's not a requirement.
SA has imposed a ban not because of what they look like, but the 'interpreted' method of operation.
Here is a summary for you, colour is not mentioned.

https://www.police.sa.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0010/263719/Imitation-firearms-quick-guide.pdf

Teemore, with responsible ownership, no one should be seen walking around the streets with a Gel Blaster!
We have always advocated that persons that do so, be charged as if having a real firearm.
So the new legislation that comes in effect early 2021 in QLD, will make Gel Blasters a restricted item, and encompass all the conditions that go along with possesing a restricted item.

It has been a hard road to get a fair and sensible out come in QLD in regard to the regulation Gel Blasters.
I'm proud of what we have achieved.

1602236381_gel_blaster_stop_and_think_flyer.jpg

As I said I have a few top of the range gell blasters and they will cut an aluminium can In half in seconds.
Yes I consider them a toy but they will remove your eye very quickly.
Nothing like a spitnall GH..lol. :8

I know very little about these gel blaster but I had a bb gun as a kid and I would of loved these thing

Does anyone remember having yoni wars as kids?
I had to look on google at how to spell yoni and found some funny looking eggs??? Oh :8

Smoky bandit said:
As I said I have a few top of the range gell blasters and they will cut an aluminium can In half in seconds.

Which is why we have some very strict rules!

Including FPS limits, and bans on some types of gas blasters.

The responsible owners will want to abide by the issue of Public Safety.

Smoky bandit said:

Cut a can in half or poke out an eye!!!
The horror of such a thing!
Better stay away from nail guns, hammers, hand spears, spear guns, archery gear, cricket balls, base ball bats, kitchen utensils, god forbid anyone own a knife!
Its because they look like a real gun, that the real phobia and media installed fear kicks in. Yep, a crimminal COULD rob you with a toy gun, tricked ya! But the only person that could be killed is him when a cop sees him with it. Mean while, proper crimes buy black market guns while the cops are out making sure law abiding citizens keep theirs locked up, and are wearing face masks and are not too far from the address on the licence, thats because the cops will stop normal people to ask them for their papers please!
So now we asking the cops to keep tabs on toys that are not a threat ffs! While they should be out looking for drink drivers, child sex offenders, drug dealers, cyber crimminals, etc etc etc ......butno, lets make them harass people who post anti government posts on Facebook, or make sure you dont have toy that looks real

davent said:
Smoky bandit said:

Cut a can in half or poke out an eye!!!
The horror of such a thing!
Better stay away from nail guns, hammers, hand spears, spear guns, archery gear, cricket balls, base ball bats, kitchen utensils, god forbid anyone own a knife!
Its because they look like a real gun, that the real phobia and media installed fear kicks in. Yep, a crimminal COULD rob you with a toy gun, tricked ya! But the only person that could be killed is him when a cop sees him with it. Mean while, proper crimes buy black market guns while the cops are out making sure law abiding citizens keep theirs locked up, and are wearing face masks and are not too far from the address on the licence, thats because the cops will stop normal people to ask them for their papers please!
So now we asking the cops to keep tabs on toys that are not a threat ffs! While they should be out looking for drink drivers, child sex offenders, drug dealers, cyber crimminals, etc etc etc ......butno, lets make them harass people who post anti government posts on Facebook, or make sure you dont have toy that looks real

FM! Amen!

Not as good as Teemore's photo!!
Here we are meeting with the Minister to chat about stuff... over coffee...!!

1602255138_20200901_075255.jpg

Good work Simmo. If I ever get up to Cairns I will have to have a go of the gel blasters. I have done a bit of paintball in SA and it was a huge amount of fun as well as great excersise.

Simmo said:
Smoky bandit said:

Which is why we have some very strict rules!

Including FPS limits, and bans on some types of gas blasters.

The responsible owners will want to abide by the issue of Public Safety.
No rules on fps unless ya in a club here in Qld.
We just shoot the shit out of each other with the most powerful blaster we an make.
Great fun :playful:

Latest posts