Gear for sale due to medical reasons.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Goldtarget

(AKA OldGT)
Reaction score
Just an early post to give members a chance to express interest in my gear before I put up for sale, and the reasons.

Recently (Sept 2019) during the course of working I encountered some issues with my movement that over a few months made it increasingly difficult to do sustained physical activity.

Early intervention meant a likely positive outcome, but today I had some less than optimist news from the health care professionals on my outlook. They have even advised some fairly big changes to my work, and further have told me its unlikely my recovery time will be sooner rather than later. :/

Prospecting and detecting are great loves of mine but I have to give them up for the foreseeable future.

In light of this Im going to offer up most if not all my gear even though it saddens me to accept it. Before I offer it elsewhere it will be offered here, beginning with my wet prospecting equipment.

Ill have a for sale post up before the weekend is up, for those interested. In the meantime I will add here later today what items are going to be advertised.

Cheers.

I hope you defy the odds and are on the road to finding gold and stuff earlier than expected. Good luck.

OldGT, I know what your going through because I did the same thing a couple of years or more back and I am just coming good now, So keep your favourite bit of Gear so you got something to play with and to drive you on, and you will get through this mate.

Chin up Buddy and you'll come good Ay, :Y:

we are here if you need a chat, Yeah :Y:

Head up mate, keep a positive attitude and rather than giving the hobby away, change how you do it?

Good luck to you OldGT.
Stay positive and focus on a good outcome. Health professionals are not always right, and less so spot on. Your attitude will have a greater bearing on the outcome than most anything they could say.
(No offense to anyone in the medical profession)

Rotten news oldgt. Would lighter equipment help you to hang in maybee? Using a qed or vlf may be of assistance in being able to do a little detecting at least every now and again or something. Maybee even doing relics or beach might be easier on the body. Would suck to have to give it away cold turkey :/

Sorry to hear that mate, you've got plenty of support here, all the best and get well.

Don't sell your stuff, remain positive OldGT.
I had a similar situation 5 years ago and sold everything, had a GPX5000 and all the gear.
I have just managed to get a foothold. Making my comeback this year. :fistpump:

Thats crook mate. Hope ya get on ok. All the best and hang in there. We only get one life, so get on and wring this ones neck, mate.

So sorry to hear this news OldGT. Sending you the very best wishes. :flowers:

We're all here for support if you need to chat.

Regards,
Megsy

Well Im a bit overwhelmed and humbled to be honest by such wonderful well wishes, thank you all personally for your kind words.

For those that spoke of modification I have addressed this with the medicos and they assure me whatever extra I do (work or play) is likely to further impede recovery.

I had hoped the news may be better but the recovery road has already been interupted a couple of times from extended myself beyond the range of suitable movements.

Believe me, if I could then of course I would. This has been due to having an unfliching work ethic and trying to have some involvement in prospecting and other physical hobbies sadly.

Basically my back is causing all the trouble and will take at least a year or so of doing regular rehab to (probably) get back to being as pain free as its likely to get, which could be none, little or some. :|

This is longer than initially diagnosed and is not certain due to my workload as a subcontractor. After that or if things take a turn for the worse maybe need a scapel and a steady hand back there. Obviously Id like to avoid that if its possible.

Any way, life could throw a lot worse at me but prospecting and detecting has got to be put aside.

Ill pop up the advert in the morning. Cheers and thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts