G'day, introduction

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Evening folks, Oz here introducing himself from sunny Ballarat (no seriously its sunny)
I run a sd 2100 currently and hoping to upgrade soon.
I do most of my detecting in Creswick forrest. For about 12 months I used a Minelab 705 GP and this gave me a good grounding on what to listen for however it did have its limitations i.e. hot rocks, mineralisation etc.

The sd and myself found our first gold together late January this year, 2 bits really. One about 3 metres from my 4by and one 2 meters from the first found 5 minutes apart.
Have found one other since then and it weighed in at 1/2 a gram. I dont find much in the way of gold, but I am out there near everyday learning something new.
Thanks for having me onboard folks,
See you out in the goldfields.
Oz

Thanks Nugget,
Hope I may be of use for other folk to occasionally with the little bit I know mate (I am a newbie, 1.5 years into it, but a lifetime waiting for the chance)

Hey Oz, welcome to the forum.

Looks like we both hunt in the same area. If I find a nugget I don't like the look of I'll throw it back and "leave it for Oz" :D

Au

Thanks mate, all donations gratefully received, mind you I don't think I have every seen an ugly nugget...except for the one near hydraulic sluice workings Creswick end of the forest. Dirty bugga couldn't be bothered digging a hole for it, waved my detector over it just in-case he swallowed one and it escaped...LOL.

Hi Oz. Cressy is a good place. Found some really beautiful looking nuggets there once. Shame with all the pine plantations there though which are on the diggings in some places. Went to where I got them not long back and the pines were that thick on the spot I couldn't detect there. :(

Welcome the forum Oz, sounds like you're getting into the paddocks fairly often, and each visit gains you invaluable experience. The more ground you cover the bigger the odds that a missed patch will show itself.

I'm sure that being a member of this great forum will also increase your odds of becoming a consistent prospector. Best of luck and hope all your ring pulls change colour for you.

Cheers Wal.

Latest posts