Garrett Extreme

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine has been on back order for nearly 6 weeks from WA. Would be great to finally get it.

Hey Dave...

I ran on to your website about a month ago.....very pretty!
Now all you need is some content...like your field tests with the
ATX!

I am also a software developer, corporate type but have done commercial dev also.
Now I mostly write web based applications that crunch 'Big Data' but do a lot of middleware systems integration type programming as well.

Wer're ready for the content! :)

Keep it going...

All the best to you and all the forum members,

Tye

Judging by those 2 video's it seems pretty good comparing it price wise with the GPX 5000...Does the ground density come into play when detecting???

Well I too, just watched the video and it'll do me. And at $3300 its a heck of a lot better than $6500. Yes the ground density might play a part (I don't know) and the type of dirt might too, but its better than my Scorpian by a country mile (all you guys would have told me that I'm sure) and in the end $3K I can afford BUT $6.5K I cant. So Garrett dealers here I come with cash in hand. Who wants to sell me one?

Still waiting for an independent test [not comparison] by an unbiased individual in Australian conditions.
Will not believe anything else.

My garrett atx will be in my hands tomorrow morning and Wal and I are going out on sunday to give it a go. :D
We shall keep all posted.

Greetings,

Yes the ATX detectors arrived, have sold out n some r being delivered.
We are now taking preorders for our December delivery.

The detector looks and feels well made.
Works well, is sensitive.
Seems more sensitive then my Infinium with an 8" mono.

test in my local park,
1g nugget 8 inchs.
2g nugget 11 inchs.
5c coin 13 inchs.
had a little EMI n lots a junk.

Now need to test a spec of gold and
a 3 ounce nugget.

And to test in the goldfields.
And to test against other detectors.

used max sensitivity and min no threshold so
u could raise it to listen n get more depth.

cheers.
Lee.
Thumbs up for this detector so far.
ps. b great if u do get to include the infinium with an 8" mono
in that test on sunday.

The ATX is here and of course its about to rain here in canberra so looks like ill be having a bit more of a play tomorrow. Yes i know it is water proof but i am not lightning proof :D

Now that Jeff has finally got the machine in his hands it won't be too long. We'll do a quick run with it and the 5000 around the Mongarlowe area on Sunday to fine tune all the settings and check it against hot rocks....As soon as we're completely happy with all its settings ;) we'll run the comparisons.

Cheers Wal.

Thanks Wal, i know what you mean mate. It takes a awhile to get familiar with the machine so you give the ATX a fair go :D

Yes,
tested the ATX at Nelligen.

Is very very sensitive, maybe too sensitive.
Had to reduce the sensitivity to settle the detector
and get it working ok.

Kept raining frequently so unable to do solid testing.

but so far.

Sensitivity set to 9, was happy n not pinging everywhere, tho as said, would have liked
to reduce to 7 or 8 n go for a wonder n dig some things up to c what it was finding.
Was detecting my 1g nugget at 20cm depth, buried in mineralised soil/dirt/clay/muck bits of quartz etc.
Was detecting my 2.3g nugget at 28.5cm depth, buried in the same stuff.

Unfortunately kept raining too much to do proper testing n go detecting
out n about with it.

Cheers for now.
Lee.

Roscoe said:
Thanks Wal, i know what you mean mate. It takes a awhile to get familiar with the machine so you give the ATX a fair go :D

Will give it an extremely fair run Roscoe, as I'm keen to get one for myself...(depending on results). ;) I am also very keenly awaiting the results between the ATX and The Whites Pro series. I ran the Whites over in WA and it handled the conditions far better than i anticipated. Picked up some good gold with it. ;)

Cheers Wal.

Thanks Wal, Wal would you be able to share some of your whites experiences when you were using it in W.A on another post for us? I am really considering buying another PI detector. I have owned a Garret Infinium and GP Extreme in the past, but have no experience with the Whites TDI Pro, thanks roscoe

Roscoe said:
Thanks Wal, Wal would you be able to share some of your whites experiences when you were using it in W.A on another post for us? I am really considering buying another PI detector. I have owned a Garret Infinium and GP Extreme in the past, but have no experience with the Whites TDI Pro, thanks roscoe

G'day Roscoe,...I will certainly highlight all the pro's and cons of the whites in our test. I will try to incorporate as many answers to the commonly asked questions as i can within the time frame. Just for the record....there's no way you can go over to WA with a Whites PRO and not find gold. ;)

Cheers Wal

Latest posts