Garrett AT GOLD vs Nokta fors Gold plus

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all looking for advice!
I am looking into buying my first Detector, and I am deciding between the Garret AT GOLD vs the Nokta Fors Gold Plus.
I want to try looking for Gold above relics as Gold is Gold to satisfy the little boy inside me jumping up and down screaming TREASURE !!!! =)

your Help making this dream come true would be greatly appreciated

Cheers
Dodgygoose

Hey welcome Dg, I bought an ATGold maybe 4 months ago for a first detector, it's magic for coin shooting in parks , good on the beach until the wet tide line, I will be looking for gold but haven't yet and not sure if I need a more serious machine in already prospected areas, maybe a minelab sd2300. ATGold has already pretty much paid itself off already, just my Goldie coin count is $867 gold coins only total. Maybe look into where you plan on using it, how many have been there before you and what detectors they were using, If the place has been hoovered with a bunch of top end minelabs you would be best off with something serious.
All goes on how much, when, where.
Good luck :)

Thanks B5MECH
I would love to get one of those big toys but the old cash flow river is not that flush.
I am out central west NSW so i will be looking near and far
The ATgold does look good tho, with a mask and snorkel in a creek in the back mountains some where ..
nice to hear that it is doing well for you

Cheers
Dg

Ramjet said:
If gold was my main target I would be stepping up from a starter gold detector to something a bit more gold oriented.... read that as more expensive.
As ramjet said if your mainly after a gold machine the better the machine the more chance you have, I'm using my first detector to buy a high end machine but I'm in sydney where the parkes are full of goldies, so the money comes easier and gaining knowledge while doing so.
Maybe have a look through the alluvial gold prospecting show and tell and have a look at whats found and what machines they use.
It's hard parting with that kind of money, you just have to decide how commited you are.

Cheers B5MECh that alluvial gold prospecting show and tell sounds great
I really want to put some time into this and gain knowledge from every where
Thanks

Hey Guys
I have decided on the Nokta Fors Gold plus package from phasetechnical.com.au/ big thanks to Nenad who was quick to respond to emails and was great on info
Can't wait for it to arrive and to play with my new toy.

Cheers all
Dg

Latest posts