Fossicking for a better future, Tennant Creek NT, ABC Back Roads

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jimmy must be a lot younger than he looks to have a son that young. Good on him and I must say that humpy of his looks pretty comfortable. Without reading or writing skills I am pleased that the local coppers must have given him a verbal test for his license. This is what we need more of.

Jimmy must be a lot younger than he looks to have a son that young. Good on him and I must say that humpy of his looks pretty comfortable. Without reading or writing skills I am pleased that the local coppers must have given him a verbal test for his license. This is what we need more of.
During my working time I sat with a Italian who had a good grasp of English but no writing skills, to get a crane drivers licence. He was asked the questions and I wrote down his answers. This was accepted and he came away with his licence papers.
His English speaking never failed to raise a laugh. eg: For example when my crew were actioned for a process "Flow Cut" he used to comment if they were a bit slow getting out on the job. Come on fellas move it we have a "Cut Flow."

Nightjar, many years ago i did a stint as a counter jumper in a paint shop. This well dressed Asian chap comes in and politely asked for “ paint 44”. I said to the gentleman, sir we have it in 1 litre , 4 litre and 10 litre but not in 44’s. He looked at me strangely and repeated his request and i replied the same as previously. My 2ic heard what was going on and came over to me, apologised for his interruption and took me to one side. He said Mackka the bloke is after ”Paint For The Floor”, embarrassed I quickly changed my focus to listen more intently. Mackka

Nightjar, many years ago i did a stint as a counter jumper in a paint shop. This well dressed Asian chap comes in and politely asked for “ paint 44”. I said to the gentleman, sir we have it in 1 litre , 4 litre and 10 litre but not in 44’s. He looked at me strangely and repeated his request and i replied the same as previously. My 2ic heard what was going on and came over to me, apologised for his interruption and took me to one side. He said Mackka the bloke is after ”Paint For The Floor”, embarrassed I quickly changed my focus to listen more intently. Mackka
Did a little bar work in a remote community in the NT about 20 years ago.
Aboriginal bloke came to me ask for a mixed drink. (Mix drink).
I asked what kind of mixed drink he would like....he looked at me funny.....I asked "rum and coke?" he said," mix drink!" I was a little confused......he realised I had no idea.....and he says slowly......"Carlton mix drink.....red can!".....ahhhh he wanted a carlton mid strength....accents!

Yep, I think it was a slip of the tongue, 2 grams maybe?
The work they are doing helping control the out of control is just a start to this ever increasing problem.
Yeah think as most news stories, the person doing the ground work, submit, then is edited by.....no idea editors...kids who try to tell us older hands how to tie our shoe laces! Good grief, Iv seen news stories of people shooting with 60 to 80 yr old shotguns and 7 news saying they were high powered rifles that had a range of 500 meters! Once an old Massy tractor and 9 said and reported a D9 Dozer 😆

Definitely the larger nugget is a few ounces and the quoted nugget would be around 2 grams. I'll have to rewatch it and check who's talking at that stage. Stinks of editing incompetence but I'm absolutely certain who ever is at fault went home thinking they earned their wages 🥴😅

Latest posts