Fisher F2 information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
if you're doing the snowy region , research where the old workers camps were when the dams were built , or also miners camp areas too

they would sometimes bury their coins or gold close to where they slept , even underneath their tents but given the number who perished in the hardships of the era there are chances of finding old buried treasures :)

with human nature being what it is you can bet many people buried loot and then went out to party but couldnt remember where they buried it after they sobered up :lol:

I will be staying at dalgetty, but planning on making day trips to surrounding areas - jinabyne etc. the limiting factor is that I will have my young kids with me (5 and 7) and they have the attention span of goldfishes. :)

Will also have my dog, which precludes national park areas. However we have stayed at this caravan park before and the ladies who run it are lovely and might be willing to mind our mutt for a couple hours. :)

The camping trip is just for something fun to do with the family. I'll try to pan (never done it before but will give it a go :) and detect for gold, but I probably can't dedicate the time that's needed to find the good stuff. Is ok though, because I am happy for mediocre stuff as well lol. :)

Got the right attitude Sarn, and all targets are good targets during the learning curve. Lot of history in the snowy area and some great relics and coins...not to mention fishing lures, can be found on the lake and creek beds up that way.

I'm sure you will have some fantastic tales and pics from your holiday and look forward to seeing them on the forum.

Best of luck and hope a few small nuggets rattle the jar amongst the relics.

Cheers Wal.

Hi all,

I picked up a second hand Fisher F 2 this week (its in the post) We generally only focus on gold, and hopefully coin shooting will fill a gap when the heat and flies drive us out of the goldfields :)

The F2 seems to be a reasonable little "switch on a detect" unit, do any of the coin shooters on the forum have any hints or advice they could give regarding this detector?

Jim & Kerrie

gday. the first machine I had was the f4. is a great machine for parks and the dry sand. couldnt get it to run on the wet sand though. youve pretty much just gotta switch it on and go. what coil do you have with it?
ben

Hi all,

My F2 arrived yesterday, It came with a 8" DD coil. I've been testing in our back yard (lots of targets but SWMBO says "no digging holes in the lawn") as long as you keep the sensitivity down it seems very simple to use.

I'm going out to our showgrounds today to give it a whirl. I'll let you know how I get on

Jim & Kerrie

i'm only new to dectecters but i did alot of research about cheaper machines & the feed back i got from other forums & info i could find on the net, was the F2 is one of the best cheap machines around. & i'll be getting one as a 2nd machine for the misus & kids to use.

Hey Jim. Had an F2 for 12 months. Loved it. I'd recommend getting the small 4" coil. Very good in trashy sites such as show grounds and feels like you are swinging nothing at all. Also great for pinpointing...

It'll be a concentric coil not a DD so make sure you have plenty of coil overlap when you swing. You can also get the 10" Elliptical Concentric, 10" Elliptical DD, 11" Elliptical DD, 5" round DD for it.

I have a fisher f2 and love it. This being my first detector I can't make a comparison with other brands but I have found it to work really well. The pinpoint function is great and it has a fast recovery time. It picks up the smallest of objects, was really impressed when I found the tiniest little cog wheel that probably only measured about 2mm, which was buried about 3 inches deep.

Latest posts