First specimen on a productive weekend :)

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
After plenty of research over last few weeks on both techniques and the surrounding areas I was hunting a new area for me on the weekend and managed to ping my first speci... I was pretty stoked :D

1395655358_dsc00445_sm.jpg

It only turned out to be 1.61g but I'll take it, picked up 2 others as well...

1395655524_dsc00444_sm.jpg

1395655537_dsc00451_sm.jpg

I think the last one was pointing to the next piece so will have to go back for another look.

I'm getting some consistency now (7 nuggets from 5 trips) so must be doing something right :)

1395655650_nuggets-2014-03-24---small.jpg

Good on you young fella, as u say research first and put the effort in gets results, looking fwd to more visuals, Scrubby

top stuff SirDigsAlot, and thanks alot for sharing always great to see people throwing up their pics,keep em coming..... ;)

close inspection of that speci will help determine the source,or at least some new search areas....

Good work mate. Look pretty water worn too. Glad to see I'm not the only young bloke getting into it

SirDigsALot said:
The first nugget I got was from Hanging Rock (2nd from left down the bottom) however the rest are from SEQ with a GPX 5000

Great stuff. i will get back out in SEQ now I have a GPX.... after my Victorian holiday.

Cheers

Beep said:
Good work mate. Look pretty water worn too. Glad to see I'm not the only young bloke getting into it

Thanks, yeah definitely water worn so hopefully more where that came from. I think the fever can strike at any age, mine was just lying dormant since I was a kid but no stopping it now :D

Latest posts