EBay seller (USA) : Garrett will not allow me to sell to you.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi all, I paid $780.00 for my AT Pro package delivered to my door. The price locally was $1265.00 if I drove there and picked it up.

I like to keep my dollars here in Aus but I'm afraid my wallet dose not stretch as far as my ideals sadly.

cheers :)

Does anyone know if you have a mate over in the US and they buy an ATX and ship it too you, will you have to still pay import tax?

Anything over the $1,000 tax threshold will accrue import tax regardless who sends it.
You could get him to value it at say $950 Aussie and send as a used item.

I concur, I know the feeling and use http://www.shipito.com to get around my purchase issues online. My Ace 250 and Pro pointer is the only thing I have bought locally in AUS due to the small camping business I bought it from felt like it could do with the business. I still recall the young salesman getting excited that I was enquiring into it and was a unique thing for him to sell, compared to people asking about tents and mundane camping gear.

But its everyone's own choice on how they shop IMHO, some days I buy locally as I couldn't be arsed but it is becoming more common for me to shop online as I need the money to go towards school gear for my family, food, utility bills etc. I have often gotten into arguments with people saying buy AUS only, but I am sorry, I would buy AUS only if my bills and expenses were easier to afford as I have to save and make a dollar elsewhere.

B

I buy quite a few Harley bits from the states...I opened an account with Myus...It cost's me $10.00 a year and they give me a US address...When I buy something the seller sends it to that address (generally free postage in the US) and then they send it to me and charge me for the shipping....As an example I bought some shocks for my bike,the seller wanted $200 to send direct to me...It was free to send to my US address and then MYUS sent it on to me and charged me $80.00...Harley Davidson also had a ban on selling genuine parts direct to Australia...

i have a friend that lives in the states
so if i need anything from the USA i order it and send it to my friends address
then just give them the money to send it to me

can do the same if anyone needs anything from the USA and cost of postage is about 1/4 the price from what they charge to send to Aust.

Latest posts