Wanted WANTED: HERITAGE GOLDFIELDS ITEMS

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moneybox

Philip & Sandra Box
Reaction score
Hello there fellow prospectors.

Mrs Moneybox here :D. So much for retirement.... I now run the Cue Heritage Centre Museum. It is 2 years old and just beginning to really develop its relics and items from the past. As Cue’s history is based on goldmining I am planning a display of old detectors, gold pans and other goldfields paraphernalia.

I have been donated one old Garrett detector (pic attached) but was wondering if anyone has any other vintage detectors, pans, ingot moulds or other relevant items that may be surplus that you wouldn’t mind donating to the museum. A big stamper, headframe, giant gold nugget used as a door stop? :cool: Or perhaps something smaller ;). All donated items are clearly acknowledged and I would be very grateful for your help if you can. The display cabinets are lit and lockable so all items are safe and no-one can visit the museum without a tour guide - me.

The museum has also recently developed an A3 page of the kinds of other things we would love to get... along with some pictures BUT it is not a final list. Anything that someone may have that their darlings are likely to throw out one day (mine have already ordered a skip bin; hopefully there are a few years left in me yet!! Cheeky little devils o_O). Anyway, I've added a few pics of some of the museum and also the A3 page.... just in case. Wishing you all a great day, night, day, night.... you get the picture :). Cheers.

Thank you.

Sandra Box
Cue Heritage Discovery Centre
72 Austin St
Cue WA 6640
Australia
Tel: (08) 9963 8600
Email: [email protected]

IMG_6332 - Copy (2).JPGIMG_E6371.JPGIMG_E6368 - Copy.JPGIMG_9597.JPGCHC R.jpgCHC1.JPGCHC2.JPGIMG_2398[2677].jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m pretty sure the old camp was on p20/2334, maybe around Emily well off the big bell road,the area looks like beach sand. I’ll try my old hema to see if I can find coordinates. It was only around 15kn out of Cue.
I make sure to keep my finds in the future and send them Sandra’s way.

Hello there fellow prospectors.

Mrs Moneybox here :D. So much for retirement.... I now run the Cue Heritage Centre Museum. It is 2 years old and just beginning to really develop its relics and items from the past. As Cue’s history is based on goldmining I am planning a display of old detectors, gold pans and other goldfields paraphernalia.

I have been donated one old Garrett detector (pic attached) but was wondering if anyone has any other vintage detectors, pans, ingot moulds or other relevant items that may be surplus that you wouldn’t mind donating to the museum. A big stamper, headframe, giant gold nugget used as a door stop? :cool: Or perhaps something smaller ;). All donated items are clearly acknowledged and I would be very grateful for your help if you can. The display cabinets are lit and lockable so all items are safe and no-one can visit the museum without a tour guide - me.

The museum has also recently developed an A3 page of the kinds of other things we would love to get... along with some pictures BUT it is not a final list. Anything that someone may have that their darlings are likely to throw out one day (mine have already ordered a skip bin; hopefully there are a few years left in me yet!! Cheeky little devils o_O). Anyway, I've added a few pics of some of the museum and also the A3 page.... just in case. Wishing you all a great day, night, day, night.... you get the picture :). Cheers.

Thank you.

Sandra Box
Cue Heritage Discovery Centre
72 Austin St
Cue WA 6640
Australia
Tel: (08) 9963 8600
Email: [email protected]

View attachment 11433View attachment 11434View attachment 11435View attachment 11436View attachment 11437View attachment 11438View attachment 11439View attachment 11440
An old mercury retort Sandra, yours if you want it. No idea how old it is though.

Attachments

• IMG_1377.jpeg
    IMG_1377.jpeg
    12.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1376.jpeg
    IMG_1376.jpeg
    10.6 MB · Views: 0
Wow, Mick. That would be awesome and very much appreciated. There is nothing like that in any museum I know of around the Murchison. So thank you Can you please PM me where you are located and I'll get back to you. I'm off to work at the museum now ;). Cheers.
Sandra

Last edited:
Wow, Coota. That would be awesome and very much appreciated. There is nothing like that in any museum I know of around the Murchison. So thank you Can you please PM me where you are located and I'll get back to you. I'm off to work at the museum now ;). Cheers.
Sandra
No worries, I’ll flick Phil an email 👍

Latest posts