Dremel Tool

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I have some gift cards for Bunnings!

I am looking at a Dremel 4000 platinum kit.. Anyone have any first hand experience they can share with me.

The other option I am looking at is the Dremel 3000, main difference according to google and youtube is the 4000 has continuous rpm where the 3000 will drop when engaging materiel, I dont think this will be a war stopper for me..

I like the versatility they offer and you can make stuff in the shed!

Cheers, Tone

I have the Dremel (not sure of the model) and on my you can adjust the rpms. Just be careful, those things can do lot of damage to your finger. They spin really fast.

Hay Tone,
We use them at work (I think the 3000 model) and the guys give them a hard time, consequently we have had 2 or 3 fail.
I pulled the last one apart and the armature had a segment separated and the speed control/brush holder had melted.
Cheaper to replace than repair.
I looked at the ozito copy for myself which comes in a kit with all the gear in it at a good price and 2 years warranty.

Hope this helps :rolleyes:

Cheers
Mick

Thanks for the feedback guys. Backcreek, did you buy the ozito? I like to buy the brand name if i can. From my experience with the imitations, some classes of equipment just dont last or perform. I like the flex extension on the dremrl. Does anyone know if you can interchange the dremel accesories w the oxito?

Hay Tone,
No I didn't buy the Ozito. The main reason is because I have a die grinder that does much the same job just not as convenient as the dremel. I have to kick the compressor in the guts and wait for the air to build up.

Gday tone,
i bought an ozito about four or five years ago and its still going strong. Came with a flex extension too!
By accessories do you mean the various Dremel bits like blades shafts etc?
If so then yep, i use all Dremel bits as the cheap bits are a bit dodgy

Well now I know the Dremel bits fit the ozito I will have some leftover giftcard cash for other equipment. Thanks for the feedback guys ;)

Latest posts