Deus HOT Program working well at the beach!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clegy

Justin Cleghorn
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Been getting a little frustrated on the main Beach in Yeppoon, Deus just goes NUTS.
Beach 1K away completely different and quite as a mouse on the WET and DRY.

Nobby's beach in Newcastle was the same, very quiet and stable. But not at HOME, that beach is a Bitch.

By accident I set the WS4 headphones on HOT program adjusting the volume without looking.
Only noticed when the Deus just shut up and started pinging targets like mad.

Had a look at the remote to check a VDI number and noticed what I had done.

Well the results in an area 15 metres long and about 5 wide where crazy.
Spent 2.5 hours mostly digging deep signals.

Got a 1920 threepence, Perfect signal at about 7-8 Inches in wet sand, NOT sopping wet Just wet from the tide going over it. (No water goes in the hole)

Plus an assortment of coins that have been there a LONG time. They are all very crusty bar the one I found on the way back to the car.
Lead plate and Copper plate where also popular targets, just couldn't resist that high tone.

Really happy with how the HOT program ran, NO changes to the program, exactly as it says on the website. Sensitivity at 90 and stable.

So if your a Deus user, try the HOT program on your next beach hunt.
It's full tones and from this mornings hunt it is very good on a very bad beach.

More experimenting this afternoon, this time in the super wet stuff, just need to wait for the tide to go out again.

Hope that helps, give it a go and let me know if it works for you too.

Program details:
http://detectorist.com.au/blogs/xp-...-and-cold-settings-try-this-on-your-next-hunt

Image from a beach hunt with HOT settings.
The small coin by itself is a 1920 threepence.
IMG_0456_1.JPG

Its a popular fishing area, I always expect to get some sinkers, But 31 was a little over the top. Had to empty finds bag halfway as it was getting too heavy.
Its been cut away a LOT in the last month or so.

Would love to get the Rocket into a deus!

Have a good weekend Mate.

10fp said:
Great stuff Clegy, BUT get out to the goldfields and show it off to us PLEEEEAAAAAASSSSE

dave

In the next 6 weeks I'll be at Nobby's beach Newcastle for the Goanna Beach Day out. 5th march

I hope to get to wedderburn also for the token hunt and some goldfield action.
March 12 and 13

I'll also be in Western NSW for the Goanna Detectors Season launch Out Past Orange.
2nd and 3rd of April

On the way home I want to spend a few days in Warwick QLD and then Clermont.

I am Just as keen to get in the goldfields........ Stay tuned.

Spot on Clegy. The dry beach program isn't very good where I am either. I use a custom program that is really just basic 1 with a few changes in the dry. The wet beach seems to work pretty well close to the water though.

Definitely going down to try the hot program this afternoon. (sucks living a 5 minute walk to the beach haha).

Clegy, what GB method did you use, the Beach GB with manual or pumping, or the normal tracking GB mode?

I had a look at Gary's "HOT" program, and the settings are near on the same as the Fulltones program I got from another English owner, of which I currently use for a majority of my detecting (he probably got it off Gary :D). Some might find this program provides an overload of info where there is a lot of junk, though you do get used to sorting through the multitude of tones after a short while.

10FP, I used the Deus Goldfields program up at Dunolly for half the time I was there, and it worked quite well on the milder ground. Didn't find any gold, though was managing to pick up quite a few small junk targets and bullets at some decent depths working up some of the gullies - and that was using the 11" coil. It only really had trouble around the locations where a lot of hot ironstone was evident on the surface, as you would expect from most VLF detectors.

One can only wonder what four new frequencies (10, 20, 30, 40 kHz) and a new gold coil slated as future upgrades will do for this detector, will be interesting to see. :)

Hi Mate,
wacked it on beach for the GB. Should a mentioned that. I did leave it on 27 though. I was using the 9 Inch as my intention was a different spot but sandflies chased me off in 3 minutes.
Yes audio was quite informative but it was so easy to dodge the iron and get that little high twang that is definitely not roll over from a low tone.
Always Used Full tones on the 705, but The Deus is Next level when it comes to Full tones. As I like electronic music it's as good as my iphone for tunes while detecting LOL.

I got the three pence off a big low tone with a little high bleep on one end, Got a random piece of steel encrusted with shells etc and then the high tone was clear as and I chased the thrip through the sand with the TRX. It wasn't under it, about an inch to the side and 4 inches deeper than the iron chunk.

The new coil will be Fun as will the new frequencies. I'm looking forward to that, I just wish I knew when. We can run all the goodies from our existing machine too which is good. Only need to get the New coil instead of a whole new detector. That massive Deep Box looks awesome, I have no experience with that style of detecting but can't wait to give it a go. Might Borrow my Brother in laws dingo on test days for that.

Looking forward to running Deus through gold country. I'm doing it for the experience and so I can at least offer some informed advice to those that want to take the deus on the goldfields.
People ask me at the moment and I respond with, "Don't know mate" and that's not the best response from a distributor. LOL

If I actually bag a Nugget that will be awesome. I live 3 hrs from Clermont and have ever been out there, bit slack really so that will be my last stop on the way home. Have a couple of contacts in the area that may let me on their leases. Fingers crossed but I'll hit the GPA's if not.

The reason I am doing Clermont last is so I can bring home a couple of tubs of Clermont soil for a test patch in the Yard, Got the test pieces coming so I don't have to rely on me finding some for the test patch. Pressure off, so it will just be about having some fun, talking some crap with people and if the God's are with me, getting a detect and a Nugget.

Happy Hunting mate

Latest posts