Detecting Gear Retailers In Vic?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
whos in vic been around the longest. I feel Coiltek Maryborough been there since day dot together with Bendigo gold world shop then now been taken over by miners den. Miners den is the biggest they are like the kmarts. Coiltek are great service and they know their stuff.

Coiltek mb first detecting shop in the gold fields as far as I know they go back to the early 1980's.

What are people opinion on the retailers we have in vic.

Are there anyone better then others.

Coiltek Maryborough takes some beating IMO. Good prices and best advices .

Big fan of Doug and Paul there at Coiltek and the Gladdis dad and son paring of Andrew (whos mostly living in Adelaide these days ) and his dad John they own it. They know the industry too and John knows all about it too.

Good thing about Coiltek mb is the gold fields are just out their back yard so you can test out the gear a lot closer not so miners den at Mitcham. Also coiltek have more 2nd hand gear too and a better priced. Miners den shops always look new and fresh feel Coiltek are more country feel. If I was up Bendigo ill pop into Bendigo miners den at jack ass flat they have accommodation there and a bar too its called the bush pig inn its a classic.
Do not know of ee day.
Lucky Strike geelong is great and Darren and Lee Anne is nice couple interesting to see how they go.
In the main I deal mostly with Coiltek but some times you need to take a number though.

Any business that has been around a while are genuinely well regarded by many hence that's the reason they are still in business. It really isn't a matter of who is best it's about how they value their customers that will keep their door swinging. We've all heard stories of elation and disappointment no matter which retailer it is everyone in business has those difficult/disappointed customers and the customer who will not have any issue and maintain a good relationship.

For me the true value is how they respond when requested either packaging a sale or after sales service. As far as my experience goes I've dealt with a few and happy with my experiences.

Exceptional service, reliability and thorough product knowledge is key and able to focus on you and you only and not be rushed either. Not be swade by the $ either.

I agree with Harry, I bought a 7000 from EE Day & Son (Ballarat Gold) & they & in particular Mark Day has been fantastic to deal with. I live an hour & a half away & have a local retailer which I had previously purchased a 5000 from & they were also great. But I found EE Day & Son exceptional, both with the initial purchase & also with after sales service.

Coiltek were mid comers in Vic. Miners Den before them. Bazza in Wederburn and Finders started real early and way before Coiltek and as odd as they both could be, Ken and Baz, I missed them when they closed. Bendigo a mid arriver too.
Coiltek though in Scaryborough (the nickname Ballarat gives the town) is the best I know now to deal with. Good crew. I know Mick, and he's an ok bloke too. All good there these days in my opinion. :Y:

I've only been to Coiltek Maryborough a few times, but they seem very genuine and interested in talking about what you're doing, without a selling angle coming into the conversation.

Latest posts