Dalgetty trip - my finds, nothing exciting. :)

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So I went to dalgetty over Christmas. Unfortunately I didn't have much opportunity to detect unhindered by children, but I managed to find a couple items. My favourite an old lighter. I also found a silver backed mother of pearl button, a crappy 70s style male ring, two bullet fragments one a shotty the other a 22, and a badge for the branch treasurer of the CWa, a few foreign coins. I was stupid though, I didn't talk to the locals about good spots to hit until the last night I was there, so by the time I found out the juice I was packing up to leave. :( the park owner was awesome, such a wonderful and friendly soul. A wealth of info readily given and a generous spirit.

Anyway here is a photo of my finds

1389519139_image.jpg

An old bush shower?

1389519621_image.jpg

We also went to old adaminaby. A township that was deliberately sunk during the snowy hydro scheme. We found lots of stuff just by eyeballing, including a pretty cool glass stopper and lots of ornately designed crockery. It was surprising because the residents were given ample warning, so why they left stuff behind is beyond me. My daughter is a treasure hunter in the making, she collected most of the items and was utterly thrilled. :)

Anyway some pics of the ruins:

1389519286_image.jpg

1389519310_image.jpg

1389519334_image.jpg

1389519363_image.jpg

Stairway to Atlantis
1389519391_image.jpg

Thanks for posting, most interesting.
Actually found what must have been the foundations of an old ornate stairway that must have led into a house (mansion?) many many years ago when Cairn Curran Res. in central Vic. was dry.
Just a shame I didn't have a camera and more importantly a detector with me at the time .... such chances don't come along very often.
Cheers Tom

Silver_Fox said:
Nice work Sarn, silver in the Poc!

SF

Haha yeh, at least I think it's silver. :)

But its the lighter I like the most, dunno why really, it just appeals to me :)

Latest posts