Ctx Madness

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great photo Heatho,...All glowy Silver,... looks great on a black background,..top score still. :)

Thanks Silver, yeah it's in great condition, was pretty dirty when it came out but was dropped in pretty uncirculated condition I'd say. A quick galvanic clean ripped the junk off.

With the Galvanic method of cleaning I've found if you do 2 treatments the coin gets a pinkish stain on the coin. Do it once and leave the coin in for about half an hour and the coin will not get the pink stain and will be a lot cleaner. Then give a rub with bi-carb to get any remaining stuff off. This method works very well in my opinion.

Haha....I was only commenting on the lack of sheep the other day, good to know they are still out there.

Wally69 said:
Haha....I was only commenting on the lack of sheep the other day, good to know they are still out there.

First one from this spot, more florins there than shillings, which is not a bad thing by any means. :)

Got out for a few hours today at my fav spot and it's still giving. Not a bad result, still loving the CTX, it's performing very well. Got a pile of Pennies a Half Penny, a Shilling, 2 Sixpence, $24 and a Sterling Silver and Turquoise ring. Gotta be another gold ring there somewhere......

1438583351_20150803_152408.jpg

1438583351_20150803_152435.jpg

1438583351_20150803_153811.jpg

1438583351_20150803_154509.jpg

1438583351_20150803_161251.jpg

The CTX is nice Brian but the X-Terra is no slouch either, Wally69 got more coins than me the other day when we both met up.

He started at the best end though lol. I'm still getting used to the CTX too.

There is millions out there and we just need to find it. :D

It's a big field, 3 soccer fields wide, plust an extra 3rd that's just park area. Still producing but feels more like wringing the last few bits out of it. I'd hate to be the next guy that detects it, heh. The council ranger told me someone else used to detect there too, wonder what he got........ Am I getting the honey or just the left over scaps. :)

Heatho said:
I'm happy with the scraps fellas, just wonder what type of hoard the other bloke got. :D
He got NUTHIN,....your getting it all,....whoever was there before you was just a cleaner for modern shallow rubbish, with a one to two inch depth(max) on their machine, and a needle guage that gave them little or no I formation to go on,...so they only ever would have dug the screaming targets on the near surface area, not ever realizing the potential that still lay beneath their feet. ;)

Latest posts